Missing segments of IDML file in Studio 2017
Thread poster: Colin Howe
Colin Howe
Colin Howe
Spain
Local time: 19:46
Spanish to English
Apr 17, 2017

I have an issue with a large IDML file with lots of graphs. I've finished translating the file (i.e. I've come to the end of the document and there don't appear to be any more segments to translate) but the document still appears as if it is only 94.25% translated, 0.09% draft and 5.65% not translated. It's as if part of the document isn't showing up in Trados for me to edit it, even though it seems to know it's there. When I generate the target file some of the graphs are not translated, nor is... See more
I have an issue with a large IDML file with lots of graphs. I've finished translating the file (i.e. I've come to the end of the document and there don't appear to be any more segments to translate) but the document still appears as if it is only 94.25% translated, 0.09% draft and 5.65% not translated. It's as if part of the document isn't showing up in Trados for me to edit it, even though it seems to know it's there. When I generate the target file some of the graphs are not translated, nor is the Contents section. Could this untranslated 5% correspond to these graphs and the contents page and if so why can't I access them in Trados to translate them?

PS I selected 'Extract content of hidden layers" in the settings to see if that helped but nothing changed...

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Jaime Oriard
Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:46
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Graphs and TOC Apr 17, 2017

Hi Colin,

Trados sometimes messes things up regarding the completed percentages. If you have selected "Show all segments" and you are sure you have correctly processed all of them, then that is all there is for translation in the IDML that Trados can process.

As for the graphs, most likely they are inserted objects in InDesign and need to be edited in Illustrator, Photoshop or other program. For the table of contents, ju
... See more
Hi Colin,

Trados sometimes messes things up regarding the completed percentages. If you have selected "Show all segments" and you are sure you have correctly processed all of them, then that is all there is for translation in the IDML that Trados can process.

As for the graphs, most likely they are inserted objects in InDesign and need to be edited in Illustrator, Photoshop or other program. For the table of contents, just have a look here for the procedure to update it.
Collapse

Colin Howe
Colin Howe
Spain
Local time: 19:46
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
No luck so far Apr 17, 2017

Thanks for your reply Jaime, I did have 'show all segments' selected, and yes, I think you're right the graphs are graphic objects (I can't click on the text in Indesign, for example). I guess I'll have to figure out some other way of doing them. I will look at the TOC thing later too, much appreciated!

Colin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing segments of IDML file in Studio 2017

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »