Roberta Beyer
Roberta Beyer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:24
Member (2011)
French to English
Apr 4, 2017

Help!

I just upgraded today from Studio 2011 to Studio 2017 - finally. There are a lot of quirks to get used to but one has me particularly stumped.

The content I translate includes a lot of long numbers (serial numbers and the like). I am very accustomed, in Studio 2011, to using Quickplace by hitting ctr+comma and selecting the suggestion that I want to insert. But when I do that in 2017, it does insert the number but it eats up several characters preceding it. It's n
... See more
Help!

I just upgraded today from Studio 2011 to Studio 2017 - finally. There are a lot of quirks to get used to but one has me particularly stumped.

The content I translate includes a lot of long numbers (serial numbers and the like). I am very accustomed, in Studio 2011, to using Quickplace by hitting ctr+comma and selecting the suggestion that I want to insert. But when I do that in 2017, it does insert the number but it eats up several characters preceding it. It's not always the same number of characters.

So, for example, if I am trying to write the word "parents" in the target segment and then insert a number (12345, for example) from the source segment next, this is what I would have ended up with in Studio 2011:

parents 12345

and this is what I am ending up with in 2017:

par12345

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thank you!
Collapse

Roberta Beyer
Roberta Beyer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:24
Member (2011)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Bump! Apr 18, 2017

I am still having this problem and have not been able to find any info on it. Bumping the post in the hope that someone can help.

_Bea_
_Bea_
Germany
Local time: 06:24
Hint for solution Sep 11, 2017

Hey Roberta,

I encountered quite the same problem when I updated to 2017 - however I was used to pressing < for the selection of quickplaces before Trados 2017. This 'procedure' resulted in overwritten characters when I did it in Trados 2017.
What I found out: now I have to do what you were previously accustomed to: I have to press ctrl + comma to open the suggestions!
Maybe you should try hitting

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quickplace overwrites preceding characters in Studio 2017

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »