Thread poster: Mendham
Mendham
Mendham  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:27
English to French
Mar 22, 2017

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if I can install SDL Trados 2017 on Ubuntu 16 (Linux)? Or it is just for windows OS?

Thank you

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 16:27
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Only Windows Mar 22, 2017

"SDL Trados Studio 2017 supports Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10"
http://www.translationzone.com/products/trados-studio/system-requirements.html

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 22:27
English to Italian
+ ...
Maybe... Mar 23, 2017

You could try to install a virtual machine on Linux and run studio from there, emulating W10. But, assuming all this can be done Studio would work very slow I guess.

matt robinson
matt robinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:27
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Virtual machine solution Mar 23, 2017

You can install a virtual machine on Ubuntu or any other Linux distro. I use Ubuntu as my main OS and run windows OS on a virtual machine, precisely because I cannot run most TM software on Ubuntu. You can set up a direct internet connection for the virtual machine, but I prefer to keep it offline. This means I cannot use the online features provided by some TM software, but I'm not too bothered about that. I use a shared folder between my main OS and virtual machine OS for transferring files be... See more
You can install a virtual machine on Ubuntu or any other Linux distro. I use Ubuntu as my main OS and run windows OS on a virtual machine, precisely because I cannot run most TM software on Ubuntu. You can set up a direct internet connection for the virtual machine, but I prefer to keep it offline. This means I cannot use the online features provided by some TM software, but I'm not too bothered about that. I use a shared folder between my main OS and virtual machine OS for transferring files between the two environments.
I have not tries to run any TM software requiring windows by using a windows emulator such as WINE, but this is possible in theory.
Collapse

Chié_JP

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2017 on Linux

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »