Excluding cross-reference content in SDL Trados 2017
Thread poster: mbras
mbras
mbras
France
Mar 15, 2017

Hi,
I have just upgraded to SDL Trados Studio 2017 and one of the "fixes" is really bugging me.
I work with mif files in Studio and these mif files contain a lot of cross-references (text inserted from another file). In previous Trados versions, these were automatically converted into tags and that was perfect. With 2017 however, the cross-reference content is extracted and I don't want it to be!
I've tried to look at adding tags to the cross-references in the mif file, but I m
... See more
Hi,
I have just upgraded to SDL Trados Studio 2017 and one of the "fixes" is really bugging me.
I work with mif files in Studio and these mif files contain a lot of cross-references (text inserted from another file). In previous Trados versions, these were automatically converted into tags and that was perfect. With 2017 however, the cross-reference content is extracted and I don't want it to be!
I've tried to look at adding tags to the cross-references in the mif file, but I must be doing something wrong as it doesn't work.
Can anyone help me please?
Many thanks!
Collapse

PanjiS
PanjiS
France
same for me ! Apr 11, 2017

Hello,
I've got the exact same problem ! (I came across your post when searching the internet).
If anyone has an idea, thanks for sharing.
Why do you say it is a bug fix ?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excluding cross-reference content in SDL Trados 2017

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »