Bertrand Malingrey
Bertrand Malingrey  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:51
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Feb 28, 2017

I just installed the SR3 update and now Studio won't run. I get the splash screen and then a pop up simply saying "There is a problem with the installation. If the problem persists you will need to reinstall".
I reinstalled, and get the same message, no error code whatsoever.
I reinstalled SR2 in order to be able to work.
Does anyone get the same issue?

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 10:51
Italian to German
+ ...
Before updating... Feb 28, 2017

Hello,
before updating I would usually make a restore point on my OS just for the case. Then, re-installing in case of troubles doesn't make any sense if you don't delete the Trados settings before: if these got corrupt they will stay so if you don't delete them.

@SDL,
I shouldn't even propose this because any coder should be able to make an install/de-install program correctly. Such an installation/de-installation program should include:

- All necessary lib
... See more
Hello,
before updating I would usually make a restore point on my OS just for the case. Then, re-installing in case of troubles doesn't make any sense if you don't delete the Trados settings before: if these got corrupt they will stay so if you don't delete them.

@SDL,
I shouldn't even propose this because any coder should be able to make an install/de-install program correctly. Such an installation/de-installation program should include:

- All necessary libraries to be pre-installed (Visual C++, etc.)
- Making a restore point on the OS when installing
- Deleting ALL registry entries and settings, or at least propose the settings deletion to the User when de-installing.
There should be no left-overs on the User computer, that's pure dilettantism, sorry to say that.

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2017-02-28 15:20 GMT]
Collapse

AndersonT (X)
AndersonT (X)  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
Exact same problem here ... Feb 28, 2017

Yup, exact same problem here.

I've tried pretty much everything, including removing the installation with Revo Uninstaller to then try and install natively with the *.msi installer. Always the same issue, splash screen comes up and it says "This installation is borked".

Had to reinstall SR2 to be able to work today .... not pleased ....

PS: running Win 10 latest service pack ...

[Edited at 2017-02-28 15:44 GMT]

Gabrio Micheli
Gabrio Micheli
Italy
English to Italian
I get the same error message Feb 28, 2017

Hi,
I get the same error message. I've requested SDL support, let's see what they say...

pankykapus
pankykapus
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Same issue Feb 28, 2017

Same issue here, splash screen appears and then an error message after "checking license".

Luckily, I could also revert to SR2 to be able to work.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Sorry Feb 28, 2017

Hi all,

Thank you for reporting the issue, we have now pulled the installer while we understand what is happening and will re-release SR3 soon.

In the meantime, to get you going again, uninstall SR3 and download SR2 from here if you don't have the installer files anymore:... See more
Hi all,

Thank you for reporting the issue, we have now pulled the installer while we understand what is happening and will re-release SR3 soon.

In the meantime, to get you going again, uninstall SR3 and download SR2 from here if you don't have the installer files anymore:
http://downloadcenter.sdl.com/T2015/SR2/SDLTradosStudio2015_SR2_5082.exe

We apologize for the trouble caused.

Thanks,
Luis
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Yup Feb 28, 2017

Bertrand Malingrey wrote:
I just installed the SR3 update and now Studio won't run. I get the splash screen and then a pop up simply saying "There is a problem with the installation. If the problem persists you will need to reinstall". I reinstalled, and get the same message, no error code whatsoever.

Same thing. Windows 7.

I then downloaded SR2 (under "Archived Product Updates") and tried to install it, but it refuses, because there is a more recent product installed. This means that I must uninstall SR3, but when I try to do that, I get a warning that I must deactivate the product first. And I must do so without being able to run the product. The things we do for Trados, right?

How did you manage to re-install SR2?

[Edited at 2017-02-28 16:25 GMT]

sam@fr-uk
sam@fr-uk
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:51
French to English
Same here - "There is a problem with the installation. Studio cannot be run" Feb 28, 2017

Have uninstalled SR3 and reinstalled SR2 from Archived Product Updates. It all seems to be working again.

Next time I'll wait a while before upgrading!

[Edited at 2017-02-28 16:12 GMT]

Bertrand Malingrey
Bertrand Malingrey  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SR2 Feb 28, 2017

Samuel Murray wrote:

I then downloaded SR2 (under "Archived Product Updates") and tried to install it, but it refuses, because there is a more recent product installed. This means that I must uninstall SR3, but when I try to do that, I get a warning that I must deactivate the product first. And I must do so without being able to run the product. The things we do for Trados, right?

How did you manage to re-install SR2?

[Edited at 2017-02-28 15:57 GMT]

I think the product deactivation message you get is for the licence, you don't need to do that step if you're reinstalling on the same machine.

Tuncay Kurt
Tuncay Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:51
English to Turkish
+ ...
Same issue! Feb 28, 2017

I am having exactly the same issue! Windows 10, latest.

I have tried to remove it to install SR2 back but cannot deactivate SDL Studio now (because I cannot even open SR3) and I cannot re-install SR3 or SR2 because of registry issues.

Thank you SDL for this great day, so how I am supposed to work now? Another horrible update issue with SDL Studio! I wonder if anyone is checking this update packages before it is released! I hope you correct this issue soon and lets us k
... See more
I am having exactly the same issue! Windows 10, latest.

I have tried to remove it to install SR2 back but cannot deactivate SDL Studio now (because I cannot even open SR3) and I cannot re-install SR3 or SR2 because of registry issues.

Thank you SDL for this great day, so how I am supposed to work now? Another horrible update issue with SDL Studio! I wonder if anyone is checking this update packages before it is released! I hope you correct this issue soon and lets us know how to get back to work.

SOLUTION: I have uninstalled all Studio components, ignored "dectivation" warning and re-installed SR2 package and it works with the same activation code!

Tuncay

[Edited at 2017-02-28 16:38 GMT]
Collapse

AndersonT (X)
AndersonT (X)  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
To all those worried about the license ... Feb 28, 2017

Guys, I have uninstalled SR 3 and re-installed SR 2 ... basically disregarding the deactivation warning ... all went well and SR2 is still running on the old license without interaction on my part ...

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Yes, no need to deactivate Feb 28, 2017

Bertrand Malingrey wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:
...when I try to do that, I get a warning that I must deactivate the product first.

I think ... you don't need to do that step if you're reinstalling on the same machine.

Yes, that's right. I was able to re-install SR2 without any deactivation, and it works again.

Andries Conradie
Andries Conradie  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Trados SL3 is not working... Feb 28, 2017

This is not funny...

Andries Conradie
Andries Conradie  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Trados 2015 Upgrade Feb 28, 2017

I can't even get my old version to work. I get the same error message.

Hans Geluk
Hans Geluk  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2013)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Not amused Feb 28, 2017

Someone else losing valuable working time here.
SDL: if you pull the updater, why don't you send an update to your email about SR3 immediately???

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 SR3 not working

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »