Is it possible to keep SDL Studio 2015 with SDL Studio 2017?
Thread poster: mcourche
mcourche
mcourche  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:35
English to French
Feb 22, 2017

Hi,

I wonder if, when I install SDL Studio 2017, it will uninstall SDL Studio 2015? I need to be able to work on both versions on the same computer, but of course not at the same time.

Thanks.

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Might depend on your purchase Feb 22, 2017

In my case (upgrade from 2015 to 2017), the installation information that came with the upgrade informed me that you can have both installed, but once you lose or uninstall 2015, you cannot get it back. They are separate installs and you can even work in both at the same time.

mcourche
mcourche  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, question closed Feb 22, 2017

That's what I did, upgrade from 2015 to 2017, so it should work for me too. Thank you.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:35
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
2015 license Feb 22, 2017

Lianne is right.
Also, don't return the license from 2015. You'll get a new license for 2017 when you upgrade. That's the way to keep both versions running on the same machine.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to keep SDL Studio 2015 with SDL Studio 2017?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »