Cristian Sălăjan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 18:58
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Feb 22, 2017

Hello Trados users!

I have a file where most 98%+ matches are basically perfect matches - just a space or tag here and there differ. I pretranslated the file with 98% minimum match, thinking that I would be able to go through them and maybe see the differences when clicking on each segment. So I populate the TM with all 98% matches but when I select such a match, in the TM window I only see all other inferior matches (not the 98% one that was copied to my segment). Obviously, I can'
... See more
Hello Trados users!

I have a file where most 98%+ matches are basically perfect matches - just a space or tag here and there differ. I pretranslated the file with 98% minimum match, thinking that I would be able to go through them and maybe see the differences when clicking on each segment. So I populate the TM with all 98% matches but when I select such a match, in the TM window I only see all other inferior matches (not the 98% one that was copied to my segment). Obviously, I can't see the differences this way. Any clues?

Thanks!

(Explanation: I have 5500+ 98% matches and any time I can save with individual confirmation is worth it. I'd rather go through the matches when I QA and just click on them, so I will only need to change and reconfirm the ones that actually have differences. Hopefully that makes sense.)
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 17:58
Italian to German
+ ...
RegEx maybe useful here Feb 22, 2017

Hello Cristian,
if your 98% matches are missing a constant string to fill-up to a 100%, then you may use Search & Replace with Regular Expressions in order to replace all occurences at the same time, so you don't need to go separately through all these segments. Here is a RegEx example:

Let's say your 98% is missing the [expression] to make it 100%. In the S&R you would chose

find:.................^(.*)
replace with:....[expression]${1}
Chose 'Current
... See more
Hello Cristian,
if your 98% matches are missing a constant string to fill-up to a 100%, then you may use Search & Replace with Regular Expressions in order to replace all occurences at the same time, so you don't need to go separately through all these segments. Here is a RegEx example:

Let's say your 98% is missing the [expression] to make it 100%. In the S&R you would chose

find:.................^(.*)
replace with:....[expression]${1}
Chose 'Current Selection' and 'Regular Expressions'.

This will save you some time.
Greetings,
Mike

[Edited at 2017-02-22 16:00 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange Batch Pretranslate problem: Studio 2015

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »