rogerB  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 00:37
Member (2003)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Feb 21, 2017

We have suddenly experienced several problems like the one above in Studio 2015

Sometimes we are not able to enter our translation into the TM, but a restart of Studio and/or the computer might fix it.

Sometimes we cannot create a new project, and this is the most critical error, as it seems like we are not able to use Word files on one computer without getting this error.

Have tried to change the date/time divider from full stop to a colon (as suggested fo
... See more
We have suddenly experienced several problems like the one above in Studio 2015

Sometimes we are not able to enter our translation into the TM, but a restart of Studio and/or the computer might fix it.

Sometimes we cannot create a new project, and this is the most critical error, as it seems like we are not able to use Word files on one computer without getting this error.

Have tried to change the date/time divider from full stop to a colon (as suggested for FI and other languages using 2017 on Win 10), but this has not helped.

We have the latest version of Studio 2015 (R2 12.2.5195.7) and Norwegian Windows 10.

Does somebody have any idea what could be causing this?
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Languages chosen when installing Trados ? Feb 21, 2017

Hello,
date formats, time formats, number formats etc. come together with the specific languages and even sub-languages when starting a project. The question is: Have you chosen the right languages when you did install the Trados software? In the Freelance edition you can chose up to 5 languages. You cannot change these languages on the fly, you would have to re-install the software if you need to change these languages. Installing a MAIN language will include all sub-languages of it.
... See more
Hello,
date formats, time formats, number formats etc. come together with the specific languages and even sub-languages when starting a project. The question is: Have you chosen the right languages when you did install the Trados software? In the Freelance edition you can chose up to 5 languages. You cannot change these languages on the fly, you would have to re-install the software if you need to change these languages. Installing a MAIN language will include all sub-languages of it.
If the project file you are working on has the wrong language then you probably will experience the trouble you describe above.
There may be other reasons, but try checking your project settings and the language settings you did during install (I don't know how to check the latter you will have to remember I'm afraid.)

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2017-02-21 17:14 GMT]
Collapse

rogerB
Norway
Member (2003)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio professional Feb 22, 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

I am using the Professional version, so the language issue is not present.

What is strange is that i did create several other projects yesterday, and only a few have given me this amount of trouble.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Autocorrect settings? Feb 22, 2017

Roger,
I forgot to mention: Look at your Autocorrect options in File > Options; maybe you did make changes there that do influence your current project?

Mike

lapolli

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:37
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Related thread Feb 22, 2017

Here's a link to an SDL Community thread where this was discussed, although I believe it applies to Studio 2017.

https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/9450#pi6614=2

rogerB
Norway
Member (2003)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Autocorrect OK Feb 23, 2017

Hi Mike

Checked autocorrect settings, and as far as I can tell everything is OK there.

Nora: This only applies to 2017

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TranslatorProviderThrewException - String not recognised as a valid DateTime

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »