Iuliana Bozkurt  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 16:58
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Jan 17, 2017

Hello,

I would like to share some thoughts about Studio 2017. Maybe what I am going to write below has been mentioned before, I am not sure... if so, I am sorry for being redundant

The 2017 version has some obvious major improvements that I found very helpful (particularly the terminology suggestion from the TM). But at the same time, there are some features I would like to see in a subsequent update (f
... See more
Hello,

I would like to share some thoughts about Studio 2017. Maybe what I am going to write below has been mentioned before, I am not sure... if so, I am sorry for being redundant

The 2017 version has some obvious major improvements that I found very helpful (particularly the terminology suggestion from the TM). But at the same time, there are some features I would like to see in a subsequent update (features that already exist in Wordfast, for example, and that are very useful, productivitywise): 1. I would be very happy if Studio were able to auto-suggest, in the target segment, the capitalized nouns appearing in the source segment. E.g.: in source we have the word Trados. In the target, as soon as I hit T, I would like the software to auto-suggest Trados (below my typing, in a bubble, just like it suggests previous translations now). This would save us A LOT of time! Please correct me if this feature exists and it's just me that couldn't find/activate it

2. And maybe this exists already, too: please extend the above to figures as well!

Does anyone else have this suggestion? Or, better: does this feature already exist?

Your input is very much appreciated.
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:58
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider Jan 17, 2017

The functionality you want is available via the Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider app. You can read about it here:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.mx/2015/07/a-collection-of-regular-expressions-for.html

Sadly, though, there's an issue with number suggestions in Studio 2017.

Iuliana Bozkurt
Iuliana Bozkurt  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 16:58
Member (2008)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Nora, Jan 18, 2017

for the suggestion. Indeed, that works great for proper nouns. This app made my day
I am trying to expand its functionalities and see if I can use it in other circumstances too (e.g. autotranslate English months/days)
Let's hope it will find a fix in the near future for the Studio 2017 weakness with number recognition!

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
Local time: 15:58
English to Polish
+ ...
Number fix Jan 19, 2017

Iuliana Bozkurt wrote:

for the suggestion. Indeed, that works great for proper nouns. This app made my day
I am trying to expand its functionalities and see if I can use it in other circumstances too (e.g. autotranslate English months/days)
Let's hope it will find a fix in the near future for the Studio 2017 weakness with number recognition!

The number recognition fix must be done on the SDL's side. I contacted the author of Regex Autosuggest and he told me that there is a glitch in Studio 2017 that prevents Regex from displaying numbers in the autosuggest list.

Interestingly, if you click "Show regex match suggestions", the numbers are displayed, but they don't appear while typing.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-pro impression about Studio 2017

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »