Erwin_Franz
Erwin_Franz
Latvia
Local time: 16:29
Russian to Latvian
+ ...
Jan 12, 2017

Hello there,

I got another problem with my SDL Trados 2015. I need to prepare analysis files where the repetitions are excluded. In order to do it I locked those repetitions and selected the option "exclude locked segments from analysis".

Unfortunately it is not working and it still counts them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.
Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 09:29
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Analysis Reports Jan 12, 2017

Hi Erwin_Franz,

The analysis reports includes the number of repetitions and you can just exclude repetitions from the total word count. I think this would be the easiest way to do this.

Best regards,
Patricfia

Rafał Kwiatkowski
Rafał Kwiatkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:29
German to Polish
+ ...
Yes You can Jan 16, 2017

You can enable checkmark "Export unknown segments" (during project creation wizard - pre-last screen in Analyze Files tab on the left) and Maximum match value: 99. After creating project You will find in the project folder sub-folder with exports. It doesn't matter how many files You've put inside the project and what's the type of the files, there will be one exported SDLXLIFF file with unique and fuzzy matches only (without repetitions and 100% matches). If You wish, You can perform analysis o... See more
You can enable checkmark "Export unknown segments" (during project creation wizard - pre-last screen in Analyze Files tab on the left) and Maximum match value: 99. After creating project You will find in the project folder sub-folder with exports. It doesn't matter how many files You've put inside the project and what's the type of the files, there will be one exported SDLXLIFF file with unique and fuzzy matches only (without repetitions and 100% matches). If You wish, You can perform analysis of this file to create report with no repetitions.

Regards,
Rafal
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excluding repetitions from the analysis results

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »