Thread poster: toad
toad
toad
Local time: 21:47
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 11, 2017

Hello,
Is there a way to use the Display filter to show, say, only 95%-99% segments (which usually require very little, if any, editing) or 50%-74% segments (which obviously require a lot more work).
Maybe by using regular expressions? Or an add-on from the App store?
Thanks!
-Torsten

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 20:47
Italian to German
+ ...
No... Jan 12, 2017

...unfortunately not, not even with the 'Advanced Filtering'. What you can do is setting the pre-translation fuzzy match to 95% and then filter on 'Fuzzy Match' segments. Then, you hide the segments by setting them to 'Locked' and filter on 'Unlocked' segments. Repeat the pre-translation by changing the fuzzy match setting to a lower number, e.g. 75% and again filter on Unlocked + Fuzzy Matches.

Mike

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Use the sdlxliff toolkit Jan 12, 2017

Regards

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community

toad
toad
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 12, 2017

Thank you both for your replies. I'll try the toolkit, looks promising. I also read on the SDL Commuity that the feature might be implemented in Studio soon.

toad
toad
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sdlxliff toolkit Jan 18, 2017

Just writing to confirm that the Sdlxliff toolkit works perfectly for this, once you get the hang of the filtering rules etc.

Evdoxia Renta
Evdoxia Renta
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:47
English to Greek
+ ...
Show only 99% matches Mar 20, 2017

Is there any way to show only 99% matches using the SDLXLIFF Toolkit?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Filter by color Mar 21, 2017

Hi everyone,

Is there, by chance, a solution/toolkit to filter (or find) segments, which contain fragments or are all in a different color? (I need red)
Or maybe you know a regular expression something like "any character in red font"?
Or (it would be even better) maybe there is an SDL reference book "Regular Expressions for My Trados Studio 2017" or else.
I know how to filter long numbers with many alphanumeric characters and dashes using ^[\d.]+$
Now I'd li
... See more
Hi everyone,

Is there, by chance, a solution/toolkit to filter (or find) segments, which contain fragments or are all in a different color? (I need red)
Or maybe you know a regular expression something like "any character in red font"?
Or (it would be even better) maybe there is an SDL reference book "Regular Expressions for My Trados Studio 2017" or else.
I know how to filter long numbers with many alphanumeric characters and dashes using ^[\d.]+$
Now I'd like to know a similar spell for colors.

Would appreciate any idea =)

[Edited at 2017-03-21 06:02 GMT]
Collapse

_stephan
_stephan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Hide everything except coloured text Mar 21, 2017

Stepan Konev wrote:

Hi Stephan,

The closest thing that I can think of is TransTools for Word (http://www.translatortools.net/). You could use this to hide or unhide text based on the font colour, and then segment the file with the MS Word file type option 'Extract hidden text for translation' unchecked (which is the default setting).

It's not quite what you want obviously, since this would give you an extra XLIFF file to deal with, but it might help.

Stephan

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Thank you Mar 21, 2017

Thank you for your suggestion Stephan.
I have this tool on my PC but I never thought of it for this purpose... I will definitely try to fiddle with it if I don't find anything better.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filtering by fuzzy bands in Studio 2017

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »