Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:16
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dragon versions Sep 28, 2016

Hi Matthew,

I'm not sure what versions you're referring to, do you have the names?

Locomotive
Locomotive
Norway
TOPIC STARTER
Nora Sep 28, 2016

Well, I have just noted that Nuance offers various types of speech recognition software.

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nuance running a DPI15 promotion Sep 28, 2016

Hi Matthew,

I can't speak for other programs, as I only use Dragon, so that's what I can recommend. On the price situation, I just asked Lunis Orcutt, the webmaster of the KnowBrainer store and forum (http://shop.knowbrainer.com/store/pc/home.asp) because I saw in their forum that there's a promotion running until September 30, and he says this:

"Our $99.99 is the
... See more
Hi Matthew,

I can't speak for other programs, as I only use Dragon, so that's what I can recommend. On the price situation, I just asked Lunis Orcutt, the webmaster of the KnowBrainer store and forum (http://shop.knowbrainer.com/store/pc/home.asp) because I saw in their forum that there's a promotion running until September 30, and he says this:

"Our $99.99 is the same as Nuance which is for upgrades but for the next 2 days, Nuance is also offering a full copy of DPI 15 for $99.99 so ethically, I have to recommend Nuance for the next 2 days."

That means that if you buy directly from Nuance, you can get DPI15 (Dragon Professional Individual 15) for $99.99, provided that you buy before Friday. I don't know if this link will work http://marketing.scansoft.com/2016/DPI15/DPI15_PDF_pl.html, but if not, you can always live chat with a Nuance sales rep and ask about the reduced price.
Collapse

Locomotive
Locomotive
Norway
TOPIC STARTER
Nora Sep 28, 2016

This is a BRILLIANT tip. Thank you so much.

Locomotive
Locomotive
Norway
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you everyone! Oct 18, 2016

Dear Nora and other fellow translators,

Thank you all so much for your valuable feedback and input. I am now the proud owner of the Dragon Professional Individual package. It is mind-blowing! I haven't even begun to explore its myriad features yet but, suffice to say, its primary function, dictation, is perfect for the needs of someone like myself who types so badly. (We are talking two fingers, here!) My word output has increased by at least 25% and this will reflect in my income.
... See more
Dear Nora and other fellow translators,

Thank you all so much for your valuable feedback and input. I am now the proud owner of the Dragon Professional Individual package. It is mind-blowing! I haven't even begun to explore its myriad features yet but, suffice to say, its primary function, dictation, is perfect for the needs of someone like myself who types so badly. (We are talking two fingers, here!) My word output has increased by at least 25% and this will reflect in my income. Also, thanks to Nora's tip, I ended up buying the package directly from Nuance for an incredible $99, rather than the standard price of $299.

Again, my heartfelt thanks for such brilliant advice.

Matthew
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Webinar recording: Dragon + Studio Oct 26, 2016

That's great news, Matthew, I'm glad you have found it useful and you were able to take advantage of the reduced price.

SDL has just made available a recording of a webinar we had last August on the interaction between Dragon and Studio.
... See more
That's great news, Matthew, I'm glad you have found it useful and you were able to take advantage of the reduced price.

SDL has just made available a recording of a webinar we had last August on the interaction between Dragon and Studio. The webinar is available here:

http://www.translationzone.com/video/beyond-dictation-how-to-control-studio-by-voice-with-dragon-naturally-speaking/111200/

Best,

Nora
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:16
Dutch to English
Great deal not available here Oct 27, 2016

That's a great deal, but apparently not available in NL... I'm looking at €400 for DPI 15, that's quite an investment for something I'm not sure I'll use.

Olly

Locomotive
Locomotive
Norway
TOPIC STARTER
Nora and Olly Pekelharing Oct 27, 2016

Thanks for the link to the webinar, Nora.

Olly Pekelharing, I spoke to a very helpful guy at a company called KnowBrainer. This is basically what he told me:

"Anyone in the world can purchase the $99.99 full copy of DPI 15 by calling Nuance on 770-702-6014 x2 and saying that they saw it in an e-mail or whatever".

I was basically able to buy a $300 product for just $99 – Dragon Professional Individual 15. (They will add a $25 tax on top but will also offe
... See more
Thanks for the link to the webinar, Nora.

Olly Pekelharing, I spoke to a very helpful guy at a company called KnowBrainer. This is basically what he told me:

"Anyone in the world can purchase the $99.99 full copy of DPI 15 by calling Nuance on 770-702-6014 x2 and saying that they saw it in an e-mail or whatever".

I was basically able to buy a $300 product for just $99 – Dragon Professional Individual 15. (They will add a $25 tax on top but will also offer to refund this.) I initially spoke to a salesperson who sounded like they were in the Philippines or somewhere like that. After figuring out that they were unable to send it to me directly via a link as this was a so-called US promotion, they advised me that someone would call me back. I was eventually called back by someone in their US office in Minnesota. This person was quite happy to sell me this product for $99. You may have to wait a couple of days for them to call you back but it is worth the wait because you will save $200. Believe me, I was very sceptical at first. I'm probably a bit of a technophobe at heart. But the Dragon Professional Individual 15 software is simply amazing!!
I am only using it on a very basic level, i.e. simple dictation but it is already increasing my overall productivity by at least 35% as I am such a poor typist. And it has many other features.

I would strongly advise you to give this a go. Let me know how you get on.

I am just passing on the good karma generated by Nora and other helpful translators on this site.

What goes around, comes around - as they say.

Matthew
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:16
Dutch to English
Offer discontinued Oct 27, 2016

Thanks for the tip:

Sadly, I called that number, but was told this special offer has been discontinued. Too bad.

Olly

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Promotion expired Oct 27, 2016

I think the offer was only valid up to September 30th, as it was the launch promotion or something like that. I would suggest getting in touch with the KnowBrainer store, Lunis Orcutt may be able to provide some advice regarding discounts, if any are available now.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Speech recognition software that works with Trados Studio

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »