Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Real-time preview workarounds Oct 12, 2016

Wojciech Matyszkiewicz wrote:

Perhaps this will help?

https://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2015/12/29/preview/

Thank you Wojciech,

Unfortunately this works only with some of the files. Plus, "that’s ideal if you use two monitors".

That's far from ideal if you work on a 17" laptop.

I really think the preview issue should be addressed with the new version release.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:54
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Problems Oct 12, 2016

New Trados, new problems to NOT boost your productivity.

José Ángel Sánchez
José Ángel Sánchez
Spain
Local time: 12:54
English to Spanish
About the TGB currently running for SDL Trados Studio 2015 at proz.com Oct 20, 2016

Hi Dan,

I have a couple of questions about this purchase:

- We get SDL Trados Studio 2015 + 2017 free upon release. Does this mean we will get free PERMANENT updates on Trados 2017?

- I assume the license is linked to one computer. What happens if that computer is replaced for a new one?

Thank you in advance.

SDL_Dan
SDL_Dan
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados Studio 2015 + free upgrade to Studio 2017 TGB Oct 21, 2016

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your questions.

1 - You will receive any Cumulative Updates and Service Releases which are released for SDL Trados Studio 2017 for free, as you would with SDL Trados Studio 2015.

2- Please refer to this knowledge base article for more inofrmation on moving your license/re-installing your
... See more
Hi Jose,

Thanks for your questions.

1 - You will receive any Cumulative Updates and Service Releases which are released for SDL Trados Studio 2017 for free, as you would with SDL Trados Studio 2015.

2- Please refer to this knowledge base article for more inofrmation on moving your license/re-installing your software on a re-formatted or new computer - http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/8297.html

Many thanks,

Dan
Collapse

José Ángel Sánchez
José Ángel Sánchez
Spain
English to Spanish
Thanks Oct 24, 2016

Thank you very much for your help.

Toon Theuwis (X)
Toon Theuwis (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Soon Nov 16, 2016

On 11 August SDL_Dan wrote:

We are delighted to announce that the latest version of SDL Trados Studio 2017 is coming soon.

Soon: in a short time, shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a twinkling, in the twinkling of an eye, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), any time (now), by and by; informal pronto, in (less than) no time, in no time (at all), in a jiffy, in two shakes, in two shakes of a lamb's tail, before you can say Jack Robinson; Brit. informal sharpish, in a tick, in two ticks; dated directly; archaic or informal anon; literary ere long.

Just saying

[Edited at 2016-11-16 07:11 GMT]

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Just saying Nov 16, 2016

Toon Theuwis wrote:

On 11 August SDL_Dan wrote:

We are delighted to announce that the latest version of SDL Trados Studio 2017 is coming soon.

Soon: in a short time, shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a twinkling, in the twinkling of an eye, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), any time (now), by and by; informal pronto, in (less than) no time, in no time (at all), in a jiffy, in two shakes, in two shakes of a lamb's tail, before you can say Jack Robinson; Brit. informal sharpish, in a tick, in two ticks; dated directly; archaic or informal anon; literary ere long.

Just saying

[Edited at 2016-11-16 07:11 GMT]

If you want it, just download it from the ftp. It's already there.

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Link not working Nov 16, 2016

a) your link is not working
b) there is no release date published yet by SDL

Just saying.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Maybe just have a little more patience... Nov 16, 2016

... you can be sure you'll be notified when we are ready to release and have all the systems in place. Sometimes this means that some things become available before others are ready. It would be helpful for us, so we don't have to start dealing with people emailing us because they saw your post and are wondering why they didn't get a notification, if you could wait a little longer. "Soon" means "really soon"

Thank
... See more
... you can be sure you'll be notified when we are ready to release and have all the systems in place. Sometimes this means that some things become available before others are ready. It would be helpful for us, so we don't have to start dealing with people emailing us because they saw your post and are wondering why they didn't get a notification, if you could wait a little longer. "Soon" means "really soon"

Thank you

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
I can wait Nov 16, 2016

SDL Community wrote:
"Soon" means "really soon"

Like Toon I had begun to wonder. Then I thought a bit and reminded myself that this is a tool for work, not a hobby, and that Studio 2015 is stable for me and there's no need to rush. While I think SDL pre-announcing in early August was not a great idea, I'd sooner SDL got it right and worked as many issues out of the new 2017 as possible before release.

Dan

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
I didn't add the link Nov 16, 2016

Siegfried Armbruster wrote:

Just saying.

I didn't add the link. The forum's mechanism made an automatic link to the letters "ftp" I typed.
Anyway, if you browse the SDL's ftp, you'll find it. That being said, I don't encourage anybody to download it.
I'm still using 2015, because the current version has a bug in Autosuggest and doesn't display numbers (especially from Regex Autosuggest).

Just saying

[Edited at 2016-11-16 13:27 GMT]

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
and a few other bugs Nov 16, 2016

Siegfried Armbruster wrote:

Just saying.

I didn't add the link. The forum's mechanism made an automatic link to the letters "ftp" I typed.
Anyway, if you browse the SDL's ftp, you'll find it. That being said, I don't encourage anybody to download it.
I'm still using 2015, because the current version has a bug in Autosuggest and doesn't display numbers (especially from Regex Autosuggest).

Just saying

[Edited at 2016-11-16 13:27 GMT]

... but they're working hard to fix them prior to the actual release.

Michael

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Very Thoughtful of Them Nov 16, 2016

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

... but they're working hard to fix them prior to the actual release.

How very graciously kind of them...

Wonder if a character count for source segments has finally been added (it was first asked eons ago, probably with 2009/2011).

_stephan
_stephan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Now Nov 16, 2016

SDL Community wrote:

"Soon" means "really soon"

I haven't seen an official announcement yet, but it's in the download section of my account. Both of my accounts actually. Looks like "soon" just happened.

Toon Theuwis (X)
Toon Theuwis (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Indeed Nov 16, 2016

Looks like somebody pulled out the magic wand.... et voilà

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017 is coming soon!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »