LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:41
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Jul 23, 2016

I usually leave my computer on or in sleep mode all the time until I have a specific reason to shut it down (transport, manually installing updates before Window 10, etc.). As we all know, Windows 10 ignores whatever user preferences are specified and shuts down to automatically install updates. I can specify when I prefer to do the updates (2 am, e.g.), but there is no way to predict when (what days) updates will be downloaded.

Recently I have noticed that the if the computer shut
... See more
I usually leave my computer on or in sleep mode all the time until I have a specific reason to shut it down (transport, manually installing updates before Window 10, etc.). As we all know, Windows 10 ignores whatever user preferences are specified and shuts down to automatically install updates. I can specify when I prefer to do the updates (2 am, e.g.), but there is no way to predict when (what days) updates will be downloaded.

Recently I have noticed that the if the computer shuts down while a Studio file is open, when I reopen the file, the completion %s among translated/untranslated/draft word counts are completely off. For example, even the file had been at 100% completion, now it will show 65% translated and the rest as drafts. The actual segment statuses in the file are correct (all translated), and the display filter has no hits on untranslated segments.

Any idea about why this happens, or how to restore the completion %'s? It's a just a minor annoyance for my own files, but I can certainly see problems when clients to import return packages, as they always tell me these need to be at 100% for their system to work.
Collapse

Helen Portefaix
Helen Portefaix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:41
Member (2012)
English to French
Run "Translation Count" from Batch Tasks menu Jul 24, 2016

Hi,
I encountered the same problem a couple of times, and always successfully solved the issue by running the task "Translation Count" from the Batch Tasks menu, available after a right-click on the file/project with the incorrect figures.
Hope this helps.

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:41
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved: run Translation Count Jul 24, 2016

Helen Portefaix wrote:

Hi,
I encountered the same problem a couple of times, and always successfully solved the issue by running the task "Translation Count" from the Batch Tasks menu, available after a right-click on the file/project with the incorrect figures.
Hope this helps.

That worked. Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio tr/untr/draft segment counts wrong after Win10 auto-shutdown

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »