Poisson rouge
Poisson rouge
Germany
Local time: 16:22
German to French
+ ...
Jul 12, 2016

Dear SDL Team and colleagues,

I am using Studio 2014 and need to create the final translation for a large translation and all I get is "Missing bookmark start tag". When use the checking feature, I get 3 of this warnings and when I double click on them I get sent to the first segment, which is where the file is stored on my computer (C:\ etc). The content is the same in the source and target segment. What can I do to solve the problem?!

Thanks!

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Check the tags Jul 12, 2016

On the 3 segments that get flagged by the Verify, check that the tags in the source segment correspond to the tags in the target segment and if not correct this and save again.

Walter

Poisson rouge
Poisson rouge
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 13, 2016

Thanks Walter, by trying to translate various parts of the text, I found out that Trados refuses to export the translation if any tag is not present in the source and target text. This seems quite primitive to me, as not all tags *are* always needed in the translation but that's the way it is. Thanks again!

Artyom Timeyev
Artyom Timeyev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:22
Russian to English
+ ...
I'm having the same problem Jun 21, 2017

I'm having the same problem. Sadly, the Trados verification tool does not point at the exact location at which the start tag is missing. Therefore I'm using the original MS Word document to locate all the start bookmark tags, and there is quite a lot of them!

Is there a way to "go to the next bookmark tag" in Trados? This would make my troubleshooting task easier.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT: "Missing bookmark start tag"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »