Text being truncated when exporting from Studio 2015 SR2
Thread poster: rthomas
rthomas
rthomas  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:47
German to English
Jun 23, 2016

Dear all,
I’m trying to work out why some target segments in memoQ XLIFFs for PPT/DOCX files are being truncated during the export from Studio 2015 SR2, and hoping somebody here may be able to help.
The background is that our team uses Studio 2015 to translate MQXLIFFs that have been prepared in memoQ 2014 (version 7.5.63). Normally the import/export process between memoQ and Studio works absolutely fine for us, but a few times recently, some text has been truncated during the expo
... See more
Dear all,
I’m trying to work out why some target segments in memoQ XLIFFs for PPT/DOCX files are being truncated during the export from Studio 2015 SR2, and hoping somebody here may be able to help.
The background is that our team uses Studio 2015 to translate MQXLIFFs that have been prepared in memoQ 2014 (version 7.5.63). Normally the import/export process between memoQ and Studio works absolutely fine for us, but a few times recently, some text has been truncated during the export from Studio back to the original MQXLIFF, ready to import back into memoQ. The problem appears to be in Studio rather than memoQ. It’s usually the final part of a long segment containing lots of tags. All the tags and text are present and correct when viewed in the Studio Editor (and no extra tags have been added by mistake), but in the exported MQXLIFF, the final pair of tags - and more importantly, the translated text in between – is missing. We have tested this on 2 different computers (running the same software versions) and exactly the same thing happens.
Has anybody here had any similar experiences, and/or does anybody have any idea what could be causing this?
Thanks and all the best,
Richard
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:47
French to German
+ ...
Please post this in the SDL community Jun 23, 2016

Richard

I suggest you post this question in the SDL community. The chances that you get an expert answer are quite high.

This is the link:
https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90

Walter

rthomas
rthomas  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:47
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Walter Jun 27, 2016

Hello Walter,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I have just joined and saw that somebody else has posted on the SDL Community this afternoon with what appears to be a very similar iss
... See more
Hello Walter,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I have just joined and saw that somebody else has posted on the SDL Community this afternoon with what appears to be a very similar issue to mine:

https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/7775

Paul Filkin has replied so I'll keep an eye on that thread as well.

Thanks again!
Richard
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text being truncated when exporting from Studio 2015 SR2

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »