Anas hussain
Anas hussain  Identity Verified
Sri Lanka
Local time: 09:38
English to Tamil
+ ...
Jun 23, 2016

Dear Colleagues

I have been using SDL Trados. I want to know whether SDL is supporting Bamini Font (Non unicode Tamil Font)? If so, Please advice me how to change settings.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 06:08
French to German
+ ...
Studio handles formatting and fonts in a transparent way Jun 23, 2016

Did you try to open the document in Studio? Can you see the text properly? If yes, then you should also be able to translate the source to target.

Studio simply transfers the font information from source to target without changing anything,

However, the fact that it is not a Unicode font may create problems. I still suggest that - as a first step - you simply try to see what happens, we can still follow-up on this if it does not work.

Walter

Anas hussain
Sri Lanka
English to Tamil
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados and Bamini Font Jun 23, 2016

Dear Walter

Thanks for the reply. Bamini is a non unicode font. I am trying to solve this problem for a long time. I thing SDL Editor display font should be changed. I don't know how to do it. I you need I can send the font. I really appreciate you for allocating your valuable time for this.

Thank you very much

SDL_ Thomas (X)
SDL_ Thomas (X)
Germany
SDL Community Jun 26, 2016

Dear Anas

Thank you for posting here in Proz.com
Have you download the Studio 2015 Trial, where you could test the language ? If you currently have a license please let me know your six digit order number.
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free of charge and is staffed by industry and
... See more
Dear Anas

Thank you for posting here in Proz.com
Have you download the Studio 2015 Trial, where you could test the language ? If you currently have a license please let me know your six digit order number.
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free of charge and is staffed by industry and SDL professionals.

I am sure that we will be able to help you in the community.

Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas
Collapse

Anas hussain
Sri Lanka
English to Tamil
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados and Bamini Font Jun 27, 2016

Dear Thomas

I have downloaded trial version. I like to purchase SDL Trados if this problem is solved.

The font is correctly shown in the preview. Only think I want is Editor display font to Bamini. If you need font I can send.

SDL_ Thomas (X)
SDL_ Thomas (X)
Germany
SDL Trados and Bamini Font Jun 27, 2016

Dear Anas
thank you for your reply.
I understand Bamini to be a dialect of the TAMIL language (which is supported as a UNICODE language)
We also have resellers in your Region you may
... See more
Dear Anas
thank you for your reply.
I understand Bamini to be a dialect of the TAMIL language (which is supported as a UNICODE language)
We also have resellers in your Region you may want to get in touch with http://www.sdl.com/partners/language-solutions//list/partner-type/language-technology,reseller/Location/South%20Asia
Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados and Bamini Font

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »