SDL Trados 2014 error: Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio. Api.ProjectManagement... '
Thread poster: Willem Prinse
Willem Prinse
Willem Prinse  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:33
Member (2017)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
May 30, 2016

Hi,
I get this error in the SDL Trados 2014 version, and can't start the programme. Posts about this problem all refer to the 2009 version. Following the suggestions in KB #2818 don't work.
Can anybody help.
Thanks very much in advance.
Willem

SDL_ Thomas (X)
SDL_ Thomas (X)
Germany
Alternative Option May 30, 2016

Dear Willem,

Thank you for posting here in Proz.
Does the following help you further ? http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/8805.html
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free o
... See more
Dear Willem,

Thank you for posting here in Proz.
Does the following help you further ? http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/8805.html
For general technical enquiries regarding Studio please feel free to join our SDL Community https://community.sdl.com/ The community is free of charge and is staffed by industry and SDL professionals.

I am sure that we will be able to help you in the community.

Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas
Collapse

Willem Prinse
Spain
Member (2017)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried that May 30, 2016

... and it didn't work. Tried everything from the different suggestions in the kb, but to no avail. Reinstalled SDL Trados and still the same message comes up.
The details of the message speak about an old acquaintance: "hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 6, position 1." Last project I was working on had 93 XML files, so line 6, pos, 1 is a bit difficult to find.
Below I will copy the whole message, it might make sense to you:

Service 'Sdl.Tra
... See more
... and it didn't work. Tried everything from the different suggestions in the kb, but to no avail. Reinstalled SDL Trados and still the same message comes up.
The details of the message speak about an old acquaintance: "hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 6, position 1." Last project I was working on had 93 XML files, so line 6, pos, 1 is a bit difficult to find.
Below I will copy the whole message, it might make sense to you:

Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started.

Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Services.ServiceStartException, Sdl.Desktop.Platform, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888

Sdl.Desktop.Platform

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException, System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Configuration system failed to initialize

System.Configuration

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException, System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
'.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 6, position 1.
C:\Users\usuario\AppData\Local\SDL\SDLTradosStudio.exe_StrongName_zic2z5z2vpasi00pewmntdp11mlfpkot\11.0.0.0\user.config

System.Configuration

System.Xml.XmlException, System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

System.Xml

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
NULL
usuario-PC\usuario
USUARIO-PC
True
8051412 MB

Thanks for your help
Regards,
Willem
Collapse

Willem Prinse
Spain
Member (2017)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just when I was about to give up (7 hours later) May 30, 2016

I found this in this kb: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?articleId=4393#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4393

Windows Vista/7/8/10:

C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Local\SDL: rename the SDL Trados Studio and ProjectApi folder
C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\SDL: rename the SDL Trados Studio and ProjectApi folder
C:\Users\[User_Name]\Do
... See more
I found this in this kb: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?articleId=4393#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4393

Windows Vista/7/8/10:

C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Local\SDL: rename the SDL Trados Studio and ProjectApi folder
C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\SDL: rename the SDL Trados Studio and ProjectApi folder
C:\Users\[User_Name]\Documents\Studio [VERSION]: rename the Studio [VERSION folder to Studio [VERSION]_Old

which solved the problem but zeroed all my settings (and apps??)

The info in the kb's differs from one to the next.

Regards
Willem Prinse

[Edited at 2016-05-31 09:38 GMT]
Collapse

SDL_ Thomas (X)
SDL_ Thomas (X)
Germany
SDL Account Manager May 31, 2016

Dear Willem,

As i can see from our records you are a 2014 Professional license user within an organization
I would therefore kindly ask you to contact your SDL account manager who can assist you further
Please let me know if you have his contact details, otherwise i will sent you a direct email with his contact details

Kind Regards

SDL_Thomas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2014 error: Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio. Api.ProjectManagement... '

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »