Upgrade Studio 2011 Professional to 2015 Professional with license server
Thread poster: Lingrus
Lingrus
Lingrus
German to Russian
+ ...
May 24, 2016

We have 2 licenses for Studio 2011 Professional and upgraded 1 of them to Studio 2015 Professional (second to follow).
After the Upgrade, however, I cannot see the upgraded license in the account (upgraded about 1 hour ago).
And the Studio 2015 Professional now installed on one PC does not accept the license.

We have a license server here, which I do not have direct access to (but it can be accessed via an external IT service provider). The SDLLicenseServerManager (late
... See more
We have 2 licenses for Studio 2011 Professional and upgraded 1 of them to Studio 2015 Professional (second to follow).
After the Upgrade, however, I cannot see the upgraded license in the account (upgraded about 1 hour ago).
And the Studio 2015 Professional now installed on one PC does not accept the license.

We have a license server here, which I do not have direct access to (but it can be accessed via an external IT service provider). The SDLLicenseServerManager (latest version) is currently not installed on the license server (but I guess some kind of license server manager had been installed when we received Studio 2011...

Operating system: Windows 7.

What has to be done?

Thanks in advance!

Update:
The license is availabe now. But it still says "Activation not allowed as remaining quantity is 0", when I try normal online activation.

Update:
The external IT service provider installed the License Server Manager on my PC (not on a separate server, despite my objections). Same "remaining quantity is 0" problem in the License Manager.
In the account it says 1 user, 1 used, 0 available. But the license is definitely not in use because the 2015 rejects it (see above)!

[Edited at 2016-05-25 10:36 GMT]
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:45
French to German
+ ...
Studio 2015 uses a different license server than 2011 May 27, 2016

Hi

It is important to know for which type of license (single-user or network) you purchased an upgrade.

If you use a single-user license, you should see a yellow banner in your customer account after having purchased the upgrade. You need to click on this to process the upgrade and only then you will receive the new activation code.

If you use a network licence, which is controlled by a "license server", then you need to install a new license server when y
... See more
Hi

It is important to know for which type of license (single-user or network) you purchased an upgrade.

If you use a single-user license, you should see a yellow banner in your customer account after having purchased the upgrade. You need to click on this to process the upgrade and only then you will receive the new activation code.

If you use a network licence, which is controlled by a "license server", then you need to install a new license server when you upgrade from 2011 or 2014 to 2015 because starting with 2015, SDL introduced a completely new license server software (Safenet vs. the previously used Nalpeiron).
This means that your existing Nalpeiron license server (the one that controls the Studio 2011 license) will not be able to handle any Studio 2015 clients. You will need to install the Safenet license server for this.

You can find all the necessary information about this in SDL's knowledge base (kb.sdl.com).

Walter
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:45
English to Arabic
Upgrade Studio 2011 Professional to 2015 Professional with license server May 27, 2016

Hi Lingrus,,

If you can provide me with the 6 digit order number- I can let you know who your SDL account manager is and we can then help you with the installation.

Kr
SDL_Steve

Lingrus
Lingrus
German to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 31, 2016

Thanks everybody.

We are in contact with the Trados support now.

We have installed the license server application on the license server, but it does not open there (operating system problem? We have Windows 2003 R2).

Is it normal that the account shows "Users 1" "In Use 1" "Available 0" for Studio 2015 professional? Although we didn't suceed in activating it?

Can the old license manager for Studio 2011 and the new one for Studio 2015 be install
... See more
Thanks everybody.

We are in contact with the Trados support now.

We have installed the license server application on the license server, but it does not open there (operating system problem? We have Windows 2003 R2).

Is it normal that the account shows "Users 1" "In Use 1" "Available 0" for Studio 2015 professional? Although we didn't suceed in activating it?

Can the old license manager for Studio 2011 and the new one for Studio 2015 be installed on the same server?
(Currently we have updated only one of our 2 licenses - network licenses by the way).
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:45
English to Arabic
Upgrade Studio 2011 Professional to 2015 Professional with license server May 31, 2016

Hallo RK,

Just to let you know I received your private message and have forwarded your information to your account manager who will be in contact shortly.

Kind regards

SDL_Steve

Lingrus
Lingrus
German to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 31, 2016

Thanks a lot, Steve!

Upd.: The license was reset to "available" by the support, the offline activation worked like a charm. Thanks again!

[Edited at 2016-06-01 06:16 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrade Studio 2011 Professional to 2015 Professional with license server

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »