Thread poster: Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:59
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
May 1, 2016

Maybe a stupid question, but in the good old Trados 7 Freelance there was a function to reorganise your TM's. My question: 'Is there also such a function in Studio 2015, if yes, where? Or is it not necessary?'

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 01:59
English to Thai
+ ...
New approach May 1, 2016

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Maybe a stupid question, but in the good old Trados 7 Freelance there was a function to reorganise your TM's. My question: 'Is there also such a function in Studio 2015, if yes, where? Or is it not necessary?'

SDL webpage says "Maintain higher quality translation memories and experience faster review times with the ability to automatically update your translation memory (TM) from a reviewed target file. Studio 2015 now allows users to import changes from your bilingual file to the main TM without the need to manual update processes." It means we need a new concept to organize the TM we have created so far. In another word, we directly edit into our TM. It is different from Trados 2007.

Soonthon L.

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:59
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Can you give a definition of "reorganise your TM's"? May 2, 2016

Also, why do you need to "reorganise your TM's"?

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:59
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So it works faster! May 2, 2016

jyuan_us wrote:

Also, why do you need to "reorganise your TM's"?

When I "reorganised" the old TM's, Trados 7 worked faster looking up segments/concordance.

Now with Studio 2015, it seems that my TM's are working slower by the day, so I was wondering if there was a way to reorganise them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reorganise TM's

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »