Adding files/folders to Projects
Thread poster: Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:24
English to German
Feb 14, 2016

When I add folders or files to existing SDL 2015 projects for some of the files a separate project is created and I have no idea why this is happening.

After translating the file it is not always possible to generate target translation. The imported file is still in the original project folder I have imported it into but without the translation and no TM matches although I have already translated the file?

I hope that makes sense?

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 13:24
French to German
+ ...
Unfortunately it does not make sense Feb 14, 2016

Gabriele

When you say that a new project is created, what do you mean exactly? Did you rather mean "a new folder"? I mean, when you are in the "Files" view of a given project and you add files (I hope you do this in the source language) you are within this project and I can't see how another project could be created from there.

Can you see the files/folders you added in the source language?
Did you run the batch task "Prepare without Project TM" for the fil
... See more
Gabriele

When you say that a new project is created, what do you mean exactly? Did you rather mean "a new folder"? I mean, when you are in the "Files" view of a given project and you add files (I hope you do this in the source language) you are within this project and I can't see how another project could be created from there.

Can you see the files/folders you added in the source language?
Did you run the batch task "Prepare without Project TM" for the files you added? And can you see the added files when you then switch to the target folder?

Walter
Collapse

Gabriele Demuth
United Kingdom
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for replying! Feb 14, 2016

I added a folder with 5 Word source documents into an already existing Project in SDL 2015. I prepared them and then started translating. Afterwards, 2 of these documents appeared in Projects as Single File Projects and this is where my translation is (and not in the folder where I put the files). The other 3 files remained in the Project Folder where I put them and could be translate and exported as usual.

You asked whether I prepared them without TM ... might this be the problem?
... See more
I added a folder with 5 Word source documents into an already existing Project in SDL 2015. I prepared them and then started translating. Afterwards, 2 of these documents appeared in Projects as Single File Projects and this is where my translation is (and not in the folder where I put the files). The other 3 files remained in the Project Folder where I put them and could be translate and exported as usual.

You asked whether I prepared them without TM ... might this be the problem? I will have to explore as I have this problem regularly.
Collapse

Gabriele Demuth
United Kingdom
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
It doesn't work? Feb 15, 2016

No, it seems whatever I do, the moment I open the added document for translation (prepared with and without TM) it appears to get copied as a single file project to the Project View? The file that is left in the project does not seem to find TM matches.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding files/folders to Projects

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »