Thread poster: David Bolick
David Bolick
David Bolick  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2016

I use Trados Studio 2011, which gives me access to the SDL BeGlobal Community server and between 1-2000 words per day, not enough for my current needs. I think they calculate the words used from both the source and target languages so that I usually hit my limit far before coming to the end of my day's work.

I have not been able to get feedback from SDL on how to augment that BeGlobal coverage. They say that there is no longer official support for Studio 2011 and say that Studio 201
... See more
I use Trados Studio 2011, which gives me access to the SDL BeGlobal Community server and between 1-2000 words per day, not enough for my current needs. I think they calculate the words used from both the source and target languages so that I usually hit my limit far before coming to the end of my day's work.

I have not been able to get feedback from SDL on how to augment that BeGlobal coverage. They say that there is no longer official support for Studio 2011 and say that Studio 2015 offers one access to Language Cloud.

The upgrade from 2011 to 2015 would cost me nearly $400 usd, and I am trying to ascertain whether or not I would be truly acquiring more support or merely jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Does anyone have experience in this area that would enable them to offer advice?
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:22
English
Maybe this will help... Feb 13, 2016

... you understand the counts:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2014/10/30/language-cloud-word-counts-best-practice/

Regards

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community

David Bolick
David Bolick  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Paul. Feb 14, 2016

That was helpful indeed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL BeGlobal Community limitations

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »