Bart Pauly
Bart Pauly  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:45
English to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 10, 2016

Dear all,

I am translating a Word document in Trados Studio 2014. What happens is the following. In some segments, with no specials fonts at all (I checked this) appears a tag error after confirming the segment. There seems to be nothing wrong. However, I did the next small 'test': I copied the source text into the target segment. I confirm it, and everything is OK. Then, I do the same: I copy the source segment into the target segment BUT I deleted the space between two words. Afte
... See more
Dear all,

I am translating a Word document in Trados Studio 2014. What happens is the following. In some segments, with no specials fonts at all (I checked this) appears a tag error after confirming the segment. There seems to be nothing wrong. However, I did the next small 'test': I copied the source text into the target segment. I confirm it, and everything is OK. Then, I do the same: I copy the source segment into the target segment BUT I deleted the space between two words. After confirming, it suddenly gives a tag error notification. It are NOT non-breaking spaces, because at the beginning of the document there are some of them which appear with the special non-breaking sign (not the case here).
Does anybody know what is happening here and how to solve this? It is a 5000+ words document, and it is important that I check all tag errors, because all fonting has to be right, but I don't have the time / don't want to waste my time checking one by one all these unnecessary things. Any help would be appreciated a lot!

Many thanks!
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Tag display Feb 10, 2016

It sounds as if you're working with tags in hidden mode and you're deleting tags without realising.

Go to File>Options>Editor and under "Formatting display style" select "show all formatting and tags".

You should see the tags now.
If not, go to view tab on the ribbon, and in the "options" group, toggle "Toggle formatting tag display" on and off.

Bart Pauly
Spain
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think I found it Feb 11, 2016

Thanks Emma. I might have found it (not sure). But sometimes there is no error at all. This makes the verification process a lot slower, it is really not user friendly, in my opinion...

Bart Pauly
Spain
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
With spell check happens the same Feb 11, 2016

When I'm doing the spell check, the exact same thing happens. The confirmed segment first doesn't give any error. Then I just change a word with the spell check function, and suddenly, after confirming, there is a tag order error. This is not how things SHOULD go. Any help, maybe from Trados support?

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Annoying tag errors in Studio 2014

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »