Thread poster: Sue Davis
Sue Davis
Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:03
Member (2015)
French to English
Feb 9, 2016

I have spent 12 hours today on a long 4000 word plus translation and made sure to save it regularly, including just before closing down trados. Previously my translations have just been saved automatically in the Studio 2015 folder in Documents. I closed my computer down then turned it on to check something and my translation has vanished. It is no longer in the project list and the sdlxliff files in the folder have not been updated they are still untranslated. It was sent to me as a package co... See more
I have spent 12 hours today on a long 4000 word plus translation and made sure to save it regularly, including just before closing down trados. Previously my translations have just been saved automatically in the Studio 2015 folder in Documents. I closed my computer down then turned it on to check something and my translation has vanished. It is no longer in the project list and the sdlxliff files in the folder have not been updated they are still untranslated. It was sent to me as a package containing idml files. I reimported the package but I just have the untranslated files. I am hoping my translation is somewhere in the system and retrievable. Please help asap if you can I don't have time to retranslate before the Thursday 9 am deadline.

Regards
Sue
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:03
English to Russian
Search by file name Feb 9, 2016

Try to use Windows search by the name of your file (not package name but exactly the file name inside the package, without its extension).
Say, you have a 'Package12345' that contains a file File6789.idml. Try to search your computer (all HDDs) for 'File6789' (do not add '.extension').

[Edited at 2016-02-09 22:50 GMT]

Toon Theuwis (X)
Toon Theuwis (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
TM? Feb 10, 2016

Did you create a project TM? If so, I hope that is not lost either. And you can then pre-translate from your TM, meaning all your stored segments will add automatically into the file that needs to be translated.

I also agree with Stephan. It usually sits somewhere on the computer, maybe hidden in some obscure folder. The search option might be your best choice.

Try searching all files that were 'last modified' in the last 24 hours for example. And do that search on yo
... See more
Did you create a project TM? If so, I hope that is not lost either. And you can then pre-translate from your TM, meaning all your stored segments will add automatically into the file that needs to be translated.

I also agree with Stephan. It usually sits somewhere on the computer, maybe hidden in some obscure folder. The search option might be your best choice.

Try searching all files that were 'last modified' in the last 24 hours for example. And do that search on your entire hard disk.

I hope you find your file.

-Toon

[Edited at 2016-02-10 07:45 GMT]
Collapse

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Filter Projects > Status Feb 10, 2016

Sue Davis wrote:

I have spent 12 hours today on a long 4000 word plus translation and made sure to save it regularly, including just before closing down trados. Previously my translations have just been saved automatically in the Studio 2015 folder in Documents.

Regards
Sue

In the Projects View, check that Status is Show all projects. (Maybe you changed it inadvertently.)

Is your project still there?

I hope it helps.

... Jesús Prieto ...

Sue Davis
Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 10, 2016

Many thanks to you all for your help, I have thank goodness found my file following your advice to search for it. It wasn't listed under projects but a search found it. I haven't been working with Trados that long, perhaps I had better sign up for a training course. Thanks again!!

Sue

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015 idml lost project

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »