Erwin_Franz
Erwin_Franz
Latvia
Local time: 07:33
Russian to Latvian
+ ...
Nov 27, 2015

Hello there,

I am looking for a tool which would help me to split files according to word count. Lets say I have a huge sdl xliff file which should be split in several parts - first part consists of 1000 words, second - 3000 words and third - 5000 words. I have used "SDL XLIFF Split and Merge" so far but it divides files only in similar parts.

Can you recommend any tools or methods?

Thanks in advance!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 12:33
English to Thai
+ ...
SDLX Nov 27, 2015

Erwin_Franz wrote:

Hello there,

I am looking for a tool which would help me to split files according to word count. Lets say I have a huge sdl xliff file which should be split in several parts - first part consists of 1000 words, second - 3000 words and third - 5000 words. I have used "SDL XLIFF Split and Merge" so far but it divides files only in similar parts.

Can you recommend any tools or methods?

Thanks in advance!

I prefer this Trados legacy: SDLX. It work very good for me.

Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File splitting according to word count

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »