Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:03
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Oct 9, 2015

Hello,

I am trying to analyze XLF files with WordPress tags inside but all WordPress are counted as translatable text.
For example in segment

I need only word "Download" to be included in the word count and translated. Is the any way to exclude these tags in SDL Studio 2015?

Thanks,
Alex

Stanislav Okhvat
Stanislav Okhvat
Local time: 19:03
English to Russian
Wordpress tags Oct 9, 2015

Hello, Oleksandr,

I don't own Studio so I can't test this, but if the XLIFF filter has Embedded Content section similar to the Embedded Content section for the Excel filter (as demonstrated by Paul Filkin in the post referenced below), then you should be able to turn these Wordpress tags into Studio tags. The changes in the regular expression would then be very minor.

Her
... See more
Hello, Oleksandr,

I don't own Studio so I can't test this, but if the XLIFF filter has Embedded Content section similar to the Embedded Content section for the Excel filter (as demonstrated by Paul Filkin in the post referenced below), then you should be able to turn these Wordpress tags into Studio tags. The changes in the regular expression would then be very minor.

Here is the link to Paul Filkin's post:
http://multifarious.filkin.com/2013/08/21/embedded_content_excel/

Best regards,
Stanislav
Collapse

Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Embedded Content section Oct 9, 2015

There is no Embedded Content section for XLIFF file format in SDL Studio

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Not possible with XLIFF file type but with XML Oct 9, 2015

Oleksandr

The XLF filetype of Studio does not include the capability to process embedded content.

But you could solve this by creating a custom XML filetype.

Walter

Stanislav Okhvat
Stanislav Okhvat
Local time: 19:03
English to Russian
Use memoQ trial version to calculate stats Oct 10, 2015

Oleksandr,

If so, you can use a trial version of memoQ to tag the internal content of the XLF file. Just use Import With Options command and add a cascading filter of type "Regex filter" and specify the regular expressions to turn the Wordpress tags into memoQ tags. Then run Statistics. memoQ may have slightly different counts than Studio, you can compare them by importing the same file without tagging the Wordpress tags.

Best regards,
Stanislav

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordPress tags in XLF file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »