IBrahams74
IBrahams74  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:19
French to English
+ ...
Aug 31, 2015

Hi,

As the title suggest, I have suddenly lost term recognition for my termbases while in Studio 2015. Until yesterday, I was able to find a word and, as expected, the red line would be there and the word would pop up in the term recognition box. Fast forward a few hours and this has stopped. Now, when I go onto a segment which contains a word in the termbase, nothing happens. The word is definitely in the termbase, as I can find it through search and locate it in the original termb
... See more
Hi,

As the title suggest, I have suddenly lost term recognition for my termbases while in Studio 2015. Until yesterday, I was able to find a word and, as expected, the red line would be there and the word would pop up in the term recognition box. Fast forward a few hours and this has stopped. Now, when I go onto a segment which contains a word in the termbase, nothing happens. The word is definitely in the termbase, as I can find it through search and locate it in the original termbase, but it can't be found by term recognition.

I have followed some standard steps - doing a reorganisation of the termbase, trying alternate termbases - but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions or insights are greatly appreciated because this is very frustrating.

Thanks.

p.s. I noted previous posts, but most of these relate to much earlier editions of Studio and the solutions proposed don't appear to apply here.
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:19
English to Arabic
Term Recognition Sep 3, 2015

Hi IIan,

After checking your account I can see you originally purchased Studio 2014 and recently upgraded to Studio 2015.
What would immediately spring to mind is that you maybe are still using MultiTerm 2014 with Studio 2015.
Please ensure that you are using ONLY Studio 2015/MultiTerm 2015 and not a mix as this can cause a conflict.

In regards to being able to locate the words in the term base but not in recognition may indicate settings are too high.
... See more
Hi IIan,

After checking your account I can see you originally purchased Studio 2014 and recently upgraded to Studio 2015.
What would immediately spring to mind is that you maybe are still using MultiTerm 2014 with Studio 2015.
Please ensure that you are using ONLY Studio 2015/MultiTerm 2015 and not a mix as this can cause a conflict.

In regards to being able to locate the words in the term base but not in recognition may indicate settings are too high.
Please start your Studio 2015 software-
Project Settings
-Language Pairs
-Termbases
-Search settings

Default settings for minimum match value is 70%- if this is set at 100% then this may cause the issues you are having.
Please let me know if the problems persist or if this has resolved them.

Kr
SDL_Steve
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2015 - Term Recognition just vanished

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »