Trados Studio 2015 - "No open translation memories or automated translation servers"
Thread poster: G Warnes
G Warnes
G Warnes  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:25
English to Spanish
Aug 31, 2015

Hello everybody. I am new to Trados Studio 2015.

When I generate a new project using the default template, I choose the translation memories I need and the files I will be translating and everything seems fine. But when I open a file to start translating, a message appears in the editor window saying "No open translation memories or automated translation servers". I checked the project settings and the memories are selected there, but they don't activate when I open the Word file. I
... See more
Hello everybody. I am new to Trados Studio 2015.

When I generate a new project using the default template, I choose the translation memories I need and the files I will be translating and everything seems fine. But when I open a file to start translating, a message appears in the editor window saying "No open translation memories or automated translation servers". I checked the project settings and the memories are selected there, but they don't activate when I open the Word file. If I just translate a single document and not a multiple file project (selecting "Translate Single Document" instead of "New Project" in the home page) it works fine and the TM opens.

Any ideas? I will greatly appreciate your help.
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:25
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Video Aug 31, 2015

You've probably forgotten to do something - maybe this video will solve it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmVsRz-S8tA

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'opening your Word file'. As you will see in the video, during project creation Studio will convert the Word file into .sdlxliff format, which is the file you should click on to start translating.

G Warnes
G Warnes  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:25
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed it! Aug 31, 2015

Thank you for the video.
I was working with different variants of the Spanish language and forgot to use AnyTM.
Best regards!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2015 - "No open translation memories or automated translation servers"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »