Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:01
German to English
+ ...
Aug 2, 2015

I am running Studio 2014 (on Windows 10) and rely heavily on this app (unfortunately there is no app for Studio 2015 yet, which is the only thing stopping me from using 2015)

But when I opened a project today I got this message:

I've tried reinstalling the plugin (as suggested in one KB entry) and it does not help. Can anyone help?

Steffen Kern
Steffen Kern
English to German
Same problem here Aug 3, 2015

Hi Nick,

I don't have a solution, but I just wanted to let you know that I have been experiencing the same problem since last Thursday or so.

I found an entry in the knowledge base recommending to upgrade from „BeGlobal Auto Suggest“ to „MT Auto Suggest“, but that didn't help. I also wrote an e-mail to [email protected], as suggested, but the delivery repeatedly failed.

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Coding Breeze gone? Aug 3, 2015

I don't think Coding Breeze exists any more. I guess they got bought out by SDL. Which is a shame, because they always reacted very quickly to emails.

Steffen Kern
Steffen Kern
English to German
Studio 2015 integration Aug 3, 2015

I suspect this too. Now that this feature is integrated in Studio 2015.

Which means that your statement above is wrong. I upgraded to Studio 2015 this morning and it works. You simply have to turn on AutoSuggest and select SDL Language Cloud as a source for automated translation (in the window where you select your TMs).

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2015 Aug 3, 2015

Well, as far as my statement being wrong: it's not, the app is not available for 2015. But this may well be for the reasons you have mentioned, i.e. that the functionality is integrated in 2015. So thanks for that tip!

I hope that this new function works as well in 2015 as MT Autosuggest worked in 2014.

And still hope that somebody fixes the problem!

PS. Tried the solution offered by Steffen. It works, but the results delivered by SDL Language Cloud
... See more
Well, as far as my statement being wrong: it's not, the app is not available for 2015. But this may well be for the reasons you have mentioned, i.e. that the functionality is integrated in 2015. So thanks for that tip!

I hope that this new function works as well in 2015 as MT Autosuggest worked in 2014.

And still hope that somebody fixes the problem!

PS. Tried the solution offered by Steffen. It works, but the results delivered by SDL Language Cloud are extremely poor compared with BeGlobal.
Collapse

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Please someone fix this!! Aug 4, 2015

After struggling through an extremely complex 6000 medical insurance translation using Studio 2015 and the SDL Language Cloud plug-in as an autosuggest feature, I'm even more desperate to get MT Autosuggest back up and running.

To be honest, I'd rather use Studio 2014 with MT Autosuggest than 2015 with SDL Language Cloud. The SDL Language Cloud option provides inferior suggestions and also interferes horribly with typing. I'm having to go back constantly and add missing letters. It'
... See more
After struggling through an extremely complex 6000 medical insurance translation using Studio 2015 and the SDL Language Cloud plug-in as an autosuggest feature, I'm even more desperate to get MT Autosuggest back up and running.

To be honest, I'd rather use Studio 2014 with MT Autosuggest than 2015 with SDL Language Cloud. The SDL Language Cloud option provides inferior suggestions and also interferes horribly with typing. I'm having to go back constantly and add missing letters. It's a nightmare.

So please somebody fix this issue. Or, even better, update the plug-in so it works with 2015!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio MT Autosuggest not working

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »