antoine piazza
antoine piazza  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:14
English to French
+ ...
Jul 29, 2015

Hi,

I'm using Studio 2011 since 2012 and often uses the suggestions provided by the BeGlobal Community engine.
Using this feature is limited to 4000 words per day.

So far, so good.

But now it seems the limit is around 20 or 30 words per day: I reached the limit about 30 hours ago so I waited until today for the daily reset to be effective.

Since, I've been able to translate 20 or 30 words and the message like "this user has reached the da
... See more
Hi,

I'm using Studio 2011 since 2012 and often uses the suggestions provided by the BeGlobal Community engine.
Using this feature is limited to 4000 words per day.

So far, so good.

But now it seems the limit is around 20 or 30 words per day: I reached the limit about 30 hours ago so I waited until today for the daily reset to be effective.

Since, I've been able to translate 20 or 30 words and the message like "this user has reached the daily limit" shows up again.

Is this a bug, a failure, a unannounced policy change?

Is Studio 2011 still supported?

Quite annoying with the workload I have right now.

My order number for Studio 2011 was : 279999

Thanks

Antoine
Collapse

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 12:14
BeGlobal Jul 31, 2015

Hello Antoine,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

SDL BeGlobal has a daily limit, but this limit is of 4000 words.

If you receive this message, you would either need to wait until the limits are reset, or alternatively you can upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2015, which uses Language Cloud instead of BeGlobal. Unlike BeGlobal, Language Cloud has no daily limit.

If you need more help, please do not hesitate to contact us via Live Chat (bit.ly/SDLCh
... See more
Hello Antoine,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

SDL BeGlobal has a daily limit, but this limit is of 4000 words.

If you receive this message, you would either need to wait until the limits are reset, or alternatively you can upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2015, which uses Language Cloud instead of BeGlobal. Unlike BeGlobal, Language Cloud has no daily limit.

If you need more help, please do not hesitate to contact us via Live Chat (bit.ly/SDLChat )

Kind regards,

Guillaume
Collapse

antoine piazza
Argentina
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Guillaume Jul 31, 2015

I know about the 4000 words daily limit (implemented in august 2014 if I recall).

Issue here (and it seems this issue affects many others translators as well since a week) is that BeGlobal Community doesn't work anymore (except in rare cases, maybe for 100/150 words per day) since a few days.

In other recent threads on this forum, you'll notice many other translators facing the same issue.

I wrote to Paul from SDL but he's on vacations until mid-august.
... See more
I know about the 4000 words daily limit (implemented in august 2014 if I recall).

Issue here (and it seems this issue affects many others translators as well since a week) is that BeGlobal Community doesn't work anymore (except in rare cases, maybe for 100/150 words per day) since a few days.

In other recent threads on this forum, you'll notice many other translators facing the same issue.

I wrote to Paul from SDL but he's on vacations until mid-august.

Thanks!
Collapse

antoine piazza
Argentina
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Also Jul 31, 2015

I was thinking about maybe buying Studio 2014 (before 2015 came out), but for now, I just would like to use Studio 2011 with the features I paid for (especially BeGlobal Community).

As it is, I'm not too motivated upgrading to Studio 2015 (having issues with Studio 2011 is not a valid reason for upgrading, rather the opposite)

Victoria Patience (X)
Victoria Patience (X)
Spanish to English
Any more news on new BeGlobal limits? Aug 6, 2015

Antoine101 have you heard any more on this point? Is there a new limit for 2011 users?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issue/bug/failure with SDL BeGlobal Community

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »