Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >
SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.
Thread poster: SDL_Dan
TalTranslations
TalTranslations
United Kingdom
English to Hebrew
No errors in 2014 Jul 23, 2015

I didn't upgrade to 2015 yet.
Only used the Trial of 2014,
but in one month never had any error messages.
What did I do 'wrong'?

Am I not using enough all of the features?

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:52
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Smart quotes are language dependent Jul 23, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I have not yet tried this, but I hope the smart quotes are language dependant.

Yes, they are.

So some toggle for turning it on and off would make sense.

That would be very useful.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
You're one of many thousands Jul 23, 2015

TalTranslations wrote:
in one month never had any error messages.
What did I do 'wrong'?

I like this tongue-in-cheek comment, but it's worth pointing out that thousands of people use Studio 2014 and 2015 every day without getting error messages.

Unlike you, people don't usually report this on forums, which is why we get the false impression here that Studio always throws error messages.

Rasa Mikalauskaite
Rasa Mikalauskaite
Belgium
Member (2016)
Dutch to Lithuanian
+ ...
Updating from SDL Trados 2014 Starter to Trados 2015 Freelance? Jul 27, 2015

Hello,

I really hope I won't have to buy an entirely new Trados Freelance package and there's a possibility to upgrade my Starter 2014 it at a reduced cost?

Thanks

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:52
English to Arabic
Studio Starter 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Hi there,

If you could provide your 6 digit order number, I can check your account-
However if you own Studio 2014 Starter (and is expired) you will need to either purchase
a new Studio Starter 2015 or 2015 Freelance.
Versions of 2014 are no longer available unfortunately as 2015 was released in June.

Kr

Steve

ACBLanguages
ACBLanguages  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2015)
English to Dutch
+ ...
SDL Trados Studio 2015 view part error message Jul 28, 2015

I recently downloaded and installed the upgrade to Trados Studio 2015. I tried a first project in the trial version, but whenever I want to open a file for translation, I get the following error message. Obviously the tool is unusable this way. I have Windows Vista, but Trados Studio 2014 is working fine. What could be causing this problem?

Error message: Unexpected exception when getting view part instance of view part Translation Results

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to German
Studio 2015 Intermediate Training Jul 28, 2015

I am new to Trados and have worked out how to use it for my purposes (more or less), a bit trail and error.

However, I want to feel more secure and take full advantage of its functions. Is there or will there soon be an intermediate training available? I assume Studio 2015 is slightly different to the previous versions?

Henning Holthusen
Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 12:52
English to German
+ ...
The curly quotes are the best thing Aug 2, 2015

One thing I have to say about Studio 2015 - I am very glad about the introduction of automatic, language-specific curly quotes.

If that had been the only new feature in Studio 2015, it would still have been worth upgrading for.

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:52
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Color scheme Aug 5, 2015

I hate to say it (because I already said this), but if the "black" color scheme (= charcoal) won't come back (as in 2014), I won't even be able to try Studio 2015. The all white design (with "gray" setting) with thin lines between sections drives me nuts. It is beyond me why this option was taken away. Please accomodate us, I am not the only one. Please let us know when we get an update for this. Otherwise I want my money back.

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Get the Color Theme Plug-in Aug 6, 2015

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

I hate to say it (because I already said this), but if the "black" color scheme (= charcoal) won't come back (as in 2014), I won't even be able to try Studio 2015. The all white design (with "gray" setting) with thin lines between sections drives me nuts. It is beyond me why this option was taken away. Please accomodate us, I am not the only one. Please let us know when we get an update for this. Otherwise I want my money back.

Hi Lianne,

I hate the included color schemes as well But I installed the Color Scheme thingy add-on that is available for download on the OpenExchange pages. It works with 2015, although it's not "officially" signed for 2015 by SDL. That means you have to confirm loading it with every start of Studio, but I can perfectly live with that if it saves me the pain of looking at these blinding default colors all day.

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:52
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Color scheme Aug 7, 2015

Stefan Keller wrote:

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

Hi Lianne,

I hate the included color schemes as well But I installed the Color Scheme thingy add-on that is available for download on the OpenExchange pages. It works with 2015, although it's not "officially" signed for 2015 by SDL. That means you have to confirm loading it with every start of Studio, but I can perfectly live with that if it saves me the pain of looking at these blinding default colors all day.

Thanks for that suggestion, Stefan. I will try it out. I just upgraded to OneNote 2013 for the online version so I can use OneNote on my mac as well, and it has the same terrible all-white design. I "customized" it to "dark gray" as well, and the darkest gray there is about #e5e5e5, exactly as pale and non-dark gray as in Studio 2015 - as someone mentioned - the newest hype (...) But I will stop here. Freelancing add-ons and plug-ins to the rescue!

[Edited at 2015-08-07 17:38 GMT]

Pavel Slama
Pavel Slama  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados Studio 2015 autosuggest leads to skipping letters Aug 14, 2015

Hello

I’ve compiled my first personal termbase, and was looking forward to making good use of it in Trados. But alas. When I type fast (my measly 75 wpm or so), when I start typing a word beginning with letters that trigger some suggestions, the character which I key just after the suggestions appear is skipped (I think you can set up how many letters trigger suggestions).

I find it strange, considering I have a lightning-speed top end laptop.

Does anyo
... See more
Hello

I’ve compiled my first personal termbase, and was looking forward to making good use of it in Trados. But alas. When I type fast (my measly 75 wpm or so), when I start typing a word beginning with letters that trigger some suggestions, the character which I key just after the suggestions appear is skipped (I think you can set up how many letters trigger suggestions).

I find it strange, considering I have a lightning-speed top end laptop.

Does anyone else experience this? Has it been discussed? Am I doing something wrong?

(It’s a bit like trying to work using real-time Word preview, which does require a lot of waiting around. But maybe I just don’t know how to use that either. Sigh.)

[Edited at 2015-08-14 18:17 GMT]
Collapse

Şadan Öz
Şadan Öz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 07:52
English to Turkish
I need to cancel my Trados Studio 2015 Starter Edition license Sep 5, 2015

Hello,

I need to cancel the 2015 Starter Edition license I've purchased 8 days ago, as I changed my decision and want to upgrade my 2009 Freelance license to 2015 Freelance.
Does anybody know how can I do a return/cancel this license to buy a normal 2015 Freelance (Plus) edition license?

Thanks in advance,
Sadan

Giuseppe Bellone
Giuseppe Bellone
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
If the colours are those I've seen so far, sorry I'll never use it Sep 29, 2015

Hi,
I completely agree with some other colleagues who posted their comments before, the colours of the editor are impossible to be seen! It's difficult to distinguish the buttons, the whole page is like a flash in the eyes, unbearable.

Clearly the same as a well known OS and some of its components we know well, spartan editions are not what we need when spending all day in front of a screen, or at least we should have a choice according to our habits and our way of working.... See more
Hi,
I completely agree with some other colleagues who posted their comments before, the colours of the editor are impossible to be seen! It's difficult to distinguish the buttons, the whole page is like a flash in the eyes, unbearable.

Clearly the same as a well known OS and some of its components we know well, spartan editions are not what we need when spending all day in front of a screen, or at least we should have a choice according to our habits and our way of working.

The new version can have all the best imaginable features under the sun, no objections about that, but I'll never use it, as long as I can, the same as for the OS I was talking about above.

Sometimes I have the impression that developers have never seen a screen or worked in front of it!
On the contrary they would never have destroyed the wonderful palette of colours they had used to create Studio 2014, and their colleagues for Windows 7 !!

Now we are given the choice between white, pale grey and dark grey?
With the millions of colours we have on our computers?

What a pity.(

[Modificato alle 2015-09-29 18:54 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2015-09-29 18:56 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2015-09-29 19:35 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
New colours... Sep 29, 2015

Hi Giuseppe,

I won't disagree with you... I struggle with the new colours a bit too. I am starting to get used to them, but I also preferred 2014 in this regard. But I'm struggling on because the features are so much better!

Fortunately there is a little help you might fi
... See more
Hi Giuseppe,

I won't disagree with you... I struggle with the new colours a bit too. I am starting to get used to them, but I also preferred 2014 in this regard. But I'm struggling on because the features are so much better!

Fortunately there is a little help you might find useful on the openexchange:

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/colorthemeplugin-876.html#90737

Some of these are a little outrageous, but there are some very nice schemes in there that make it much easier to see. See what you think anyway... it's free!

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »