Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >
SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.
Thread poster: SDL_Dan
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:25
English
Promises Jul 1, 2015

Konat wrote:
SDL Promise:
It seems we have indeed broken the ability to set keyboard shortcuts for QuickInserts with the final build of SP2. The addition of more built-in Quick Inserts for BiDi users and highlighting has also "pushed" any existing ones you had off the list. This will be fixed in a future cumulative update to SP2.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/229271-sdl_trados_studio_2011_sp_2_unable_to_ascribe_quicktag_buttons.html#1987528

You're right, we did say we'd fix this and clearly we have not. I think the solution will be there is Studio 2015 because users will be able to create their own ribbons and quick inserts for these things in addition to assigning them shortcuts.

The functionality we have provided so far is pretty good and you can do a lot in terms of creating new ribbons, editing existing ones and adding your own itens to the little toolbar at the top. Being able to add quick inserts is one of the first thing our Beta testers asked for when we saw Beta 1 of Studio, but this is a lot more work than you might think. There was insufficient time to do it for this release, but it is being worked upon so it becomes available in a future update. I'm hopeful it will be soon, but would not like to put a timescale on it for now... I already over promised as you see!!

Konat wrote:
SDL Promise:
You just can't merge after the event. This will be changed in a later release, but for the time being you can only merge all the file when the project is created.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/235421-studio_2011_merging_files_in_an_existing_project.html#2035298

As for the workaround with selecting multiple files in project view to open them all at once in the editor -This is exactly what I need, but I just don't want to select individual files every time I am reopening the editor. Since the baseline functionality is there, why not implement the merging functionality. I still have an unresolved issue with trados 2014 randomly hanging up when splitting/merging TUs, so reopening files in editor is something I'm sometimes forced to do frequently.

This one was delivered already. The promise here related to merging files in a Project after the Project was created. What you are asking for is something else. You want to create a single sdlxliff file with files added after the project was created. You can do this now with the SDLXLIFF Toolkit from the OpenExchange, but it's not planned in the very near future for the main product. It is quite tricky because we deal with files and not a database of entries. If it was simple I reckon our development team might have implemented that before the virtual merge as that was quite a bit of work.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Duden Jul 1, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

... one workaround might be this, depends which is quicker I suppose.

- use the sdlxliff toolkit to create a single sdlxliff of all files
- do your check with that using the export for external review
- use translate to fuzzy to apply the changes from your TM

This will usually not be a viable option, as I'm merging and splitting segments quite often, which I can't in the process you describe (unless I'm misunderstanding you).

SDL Community wrote:
On your preferred grammar checker, I'm going to hazard a guess you use Duden something or other, but maybe there is an opportunity for that provider to create a verification plugin for Studio that uses their checker? Might be worth asking the question, especially if it's popular amongst translators. A free plugin to Studio could generate more sales of their application.

Yes, Duden indeed. Might be worth a request, but frankly, I don't have much hope for that.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
I'd do this I think... Jul 1, 2015

Erik Freitag wrote:
This will usually not be a viable option, as I'm merging and splitting segments quite often, which I can't in the process you describe (unless I'm misunderstanding you).

... once you finish your translation (and the merging and splitting) and you're ready for the check, you merge all the files into one using the SDLXLIFF Toolkit. To be honest I have not tested it specifically with split and merged segments, so it will be interesting to try when I have a little more time, but in theory this should work.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Dmitriy Vysotskyy
Dmitriy Vysotskyy  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 17:25
English to Russian
+ ...
Are you a responsible company? Jul 1, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

Dmitriy Vysotskyy wrote:
Completely agree with Natalie's concerns. No licence in my account! And the support team just ignores all help requests.

Hi Dmitriy,

I thought I'd check this for you, but can't find you in our system. If you drop me an email ([email protected]) with your registered details I'll gladly check this for you. I doubt anyone is ignoring you... at least not deliberately!

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

It's amazing! My order was placed on April 22. Order Number: 365007. Please check. Also, my reseller (T-Service) on my behalf and myself created help requests REQ000000137320 and REQ000000137295 - no answers and/or (better) issue resolution.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
ok - I see the problem Jul 1, 2015

Dmitriy Vysotskyy wrote:

It's amazing! My order was placed on April 22. Order Number: 365007. Please check. Also, my reseller (T-Service) on my behalf and myself created help requests REQ000000137320 and REQ000000137295 - no answers and/or (better) issue resolution.

You purchased through one of our Resellers and they may not have processed the order yet. So I cannot do anything with this until then. In truth once the order is processed I won't need to do anything.

I have just emailed your reseller to find out what's happenning with your order.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Apologies in order. Jul 1, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

You purchased through one of our Resellers and they may not have processed the order yet. So I cannot do anything with this until then. In truth once the order is processed I won't need to do anything.

I have just emailed your reseller to find out what's happenning with your order.

Hi Dmitriy,

It seems the problem was at our end and despite the reseller doing everything they could to push this order through the system it got stuck without anyone identifying the root cause. Many apologies for this, to you and our reseller, but now the license should be available for you to process in your account.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Dmitriy Vysotskyy
Dmitriy Vysotskyy  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 17:25
English to Russian
+ ...
It's a responsible company Jul 1, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

SDL Community wrote:

Hi Dmitriy,

It seems the problem was at our end and despite the reseller doing everything they could to push this order through the system it got stuck without anyone identifying the root cause. Many apologies for this, to you and our reseller, but now the license should be available for you to process in your account.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Now I see that you are able to promptly resolve some issues. Successfully activated. Thank you all!

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
France
Member (2008)
Italian to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Issues in simoultaneous scrolling of the source and the target Jul 1, 2015

Hello!
I've got my licence of Trados Studio 2015 and I'm quite happy!!!

Therefore I've a big issue on the editor:
source and target segments do not scroll simoultaneously.
Can you help me fixing this problem?

Thank you!

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Link to your question on another thread Jul 1, 2015

xanthippe wrote:

Hello!
I've got my licence of Trados Studio 2015 and I'm quite happy!!!

Therefore I've a big issue on the editor:
source and target segments do not scroll simoultaneously.
Can you help me fixing this problem?

Thank you!

Here's the answer:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/241379-simultaneous_scrolling_in_trados_studio_stopped_working.html

Konat
Konat
English to Polish
+ ...
Trados 2015 AT not copied Jul 1, 2015

Why Automatic Translations (AT) (I'm using myMemory plugin) are not being copied to active row in the editor. They are displayed in the Translation results window, but are not copied below to the active cell in the editor. I am unable to find an option which would make it work.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
I believe I've purchased an upgrade to Studio 2015, but miss it Jul 1, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Dmitriy Vysotskyy wrote:
No licence in my account!

No Studio 2015 license in my account either, but SDL still has 29 days to fix the problem.

If you upgraded then you have to process the upgrade because this will replace your 2014 license with the 2015 license:

So the advice would be DO NOT RETURN your 2014 license from your computer if you are upgrading. This way you can run them in parallel until you are happy with the new version and want to run all your work through it.
SDL Community Support

Not sure how to insert a screen dump of my account, but when I click the Check of Upgrades, I am told I have an upgrade for SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance Plus, i.e. an extra copy for a different machine. What I had in mind, was to upgrade to 2015.

If it is safe, I would like to upgrade so that I can run 2014 besides 2015 on this machine for the time being, until I am sure I will not experience any problems with 2015.

Pavel Slama
Pavel Slama  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:25
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
Nearly there with QHD display support Jul 1, 2015

Hello – Just wanted to share my first impressions of Studio 2015. It is pretty much like Studio 2014, but it does feel snappier, so the work might have been done behind the scenes.

As for support for QHD displays – nearly nearly there, just a few bits and pieces needed, such as projects list and file list. Please?

I do love the colours.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Same here as Roy Jul 2, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

Not sure how to insert a screen dump of my account, but when I click the Check of Upgrades, I am told I have an upgrade for SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance Plus, i.e. an extra copy for a different machine. What I had in mind, was to upgrade to 2015.

If it is safe, I would like to upgrade so that I can run 2014 besides 2015 on this machine for the time being, until I am sure I will not experience any problems with 2015.

Before I update anything, I would like to know why I only see 2014 under "licenses" and no 2015 (which is visible under "downloads", but then I am not sure if I got a licence or not.

Please a bit more information about this.

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:25
English to Arabic
Same here as Roy Jul 2, 2015

Hi Robert,

I have just checked your personal account and confirm you only see 2014 license because you have not yet 'processed the upgrade' as per the image from earlier (1st July) in this post).
To the left side (Account/Licenses) of Studio 2014 you can see both 'Check for upgrades' and 'Upgrades available' (the correct option).
When you click on this, you will be guided through the process.

Steve

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
"Check for upgrade" only gives SDL Trados Studio 2014 Plus as result Jul 2, 2015

[quote]Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Roy Oestensen wrote:

Before I update anything, I would like to know why I only see 2014 under "licenses" and no 2015 (which is visible under "downloads", but then I am not sure if I got a licence or not.

Please a bit more information about this.

OK a step by step description:

I log on and open the Licenses tab
(https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mylicenses/licenses.aspx)
Here, to the left of the license section for SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance Plus I find:
Up arrow with the text: Check for Upgrades.

When I click on the Up arrow button, I come to
https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mylicenses/Upgrades.aspx?display=purchase
Purchase Upgrades
SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance Plus Upgrade

No mentioning of Studio 2015 at all.
And I distinctly remember the offer of purchasing an upgrade before 2015 was released.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »