Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >
SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.
Thread poster: SDL_Dan
Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:29
English to Spanish
user's guide for Trados Studio 15 Oct 15, 2015

where I can download a comprehensive User's Guide for Trados Studio 2015 ?
The download documents on the SDL website only provide an outline of the product's features.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The most comprehensive manual... Oct 17, 2015

... I know is this one: http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdltradosstudiomanual-484.html#47079

The author is working on Studio 2015 at the moment. I believe he will release the update after the next Studio 2015 update (due in a week or two I think).

I like this manual because it was written by a translator for tr
... See more
... I know is this one: http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdltradosstudiomanual-484.html#47079

The author is working on Studio 2015 at the moment. I believe he will release the update after the next Studio 2015 update (due in a week or two I think).

I like this manual because it was written by a translator for translators so takes an honest approach to things as well as providing a huge amount of reference material written by others which you can refer to as you work through the guide.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Mats Linder
Mats Linder  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
The Studio 2015 manual... Nov 3, 2015

... is finally out -- delayed, but on the other hand it also covers the Studio Service Release 1. A purchase entitles you to free updates (roughly twice-yearly). You can either use the link Paul Filkin gives, or go to tradosstudiomanual.com -- the purchase conditions are the same.

Regards
Mats

[Edited at 2015-11-03 11:43 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Duplicate of http://www.proz.com/topic/294133
Alexandre De Sena Viegas
Alexandre De Sena Viegas  Identity Verified
English to Portuguese
+ ...
How to change projects location Dec 24, 2015

Hi there,

First of all I would like to wish all a Merry Christmas.

I had to change my OS into a bigger HDD and to reinstall all the programs again, also for a matter of security. What I am now willing to do is, to change the main file location of all my CATs, including TRADOS. Say, I don't want to have all at C:/... but at D:/...

As far as I understood, I need to create a new project template in order to be able to change the location of the projects?
... See more
Hi there,

First of all I would like to wish all a Merry Christmas.

I had to change my OS into a bigger HDD and to reinstall all the programs again, also for a matter of security. What I am now willing to do is, to change the main file location of all my CATs, including TRADOS. Say, I don't want to have all at C:/... but at D:/...

As far as I understood, I need to create a new project template in order to be able to change the location of the projects?

Could you please give an hint about this?

Many thanks in advance!

[Bearbeitet am 2015-12-24 14:25 GMT]
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Duplicate post
kd42
kd42
Estonia
Local time: 13:29
English to Russian
What are the trial limitations? Jan 12, 2016

Hi, I was not able to find a list of limitations in effect in the trial before and after expiry.
I need do decide if it is possible to use the trial for very basic training which will be conducted in-house.
Please, kindly provide a link to some reading on the subject.
Thank you.
KD

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Simple... Jan 12, 2016

kd42 wrote:
Hi, I was not able to find a list of limitations in effect in the trial before and after expiry.
I need do decide if it is possible to use the trial for very basic training which will be conducted in-house.
Please, kindly provide a link to some reading on the subject.
Thank you.
KD

... it runs for 30-days and is the fully featured Professional version of the product.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

kd42
kd42
Estonia
English to Russian
What happens then? Jan 13, 2016

Thanks, Paul, that is good news, but what happens when the 30-day trial is over?
As I have said, the idea is to use the expired trial for some very basic training at a huge bureaucracy. The training cannot fit into the 30 days.
The trainees will learn to open the app, to understand the parts of the app, to import, translate and export a page of text.
The bosses want to buy licenses for the "production" workstations only.
TIA
KD

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:29
English to Arabic
Studio Trial for training purp[oses. Jan 13, 2016

Hi KD,

I would just like to add to Pauls post - whilst the trial represents the full Studio 2015 Professional version- MultiTerm Desktop is NOT included and you do NOT/will not have access to our Open Exchange app store etc.

We (SDL) would never advocate the use of a 'TRIAL' software for any training purposes- indeed quite the opposite!
considering an essential component/add-on (MultiTerm Desktop) is not supplied with any trial versions from our website.
Th
... See more
Hi KD,

I would just like to add to Pauls post - whilst the trial represents the full Studio 2015 Professional version- MultiTerm Desktop is NOT included and you do NOT/will not have access to our Open Exchange app store etc.

We (SDL) would never advocate the use of a 'TRIAL' software for any training purposes- indeed quite the opposite!
considering an essential component/add-on (MultiTerm Desktop) is not supplied with any trial versions from our website.
Therefore terminology management/termbase (which is of extreme importance to most clients) cannot be demonstrated.

I am sure you will of course understand, we are unable to extend the free 30 day trial once expired.
If you wish to continue using the software- please do get in contact with us directly and we will be happy to provide you with a competitive quote.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kr

SDL_Steve
Collapse

kd42
kd42
Estonia
English to Russian
Can we get down to specific points please? Jan 27, 2016

Thanks a lot, Steve, sorry for my late response.

As I said, the trainees will learn to open the app, to understand the parts of the app, to import, translate and export a page of text. Very simple training, familiarizing with the most basic concepts of CAT tool, nothing advanced, no terminology management.

Is this possible using the trial version? We successfully trained a few employees using Trados demo, years ago, is it possible with Studio 2015?

... See more
Thanks a lot, Steve, sorry for my late response.

As I said, the trainees will learn to open the app, to understand the parts of the app, to import, translate and export a page of text. Very simple training, familiarizing with the most basic concepts of CAT tool, nothing advanced, no terminology management.

Is this possible using the trial version? We successfully trained a few employees using Trados demo, years ago, is it possible with Studio 2015?

Thank you.
Collapse

pascallob
pascallob
Canada
Trados Freelance 2015 - switching from Trial version to Licensed version Feb 5, 2016

Hi all,

I purchased and downloaded Studio 2015 Freelance edition and launched it as a Trial version since my license did not appear in my account.

It now does but Studio won't take it, saying that I have no more licenses available. I should be able to use the software on 2 machines, plus I never successfully licensed even 1.

It looks as though Trados believes I have the (Trial) Professional edition (I tried a plug-in and an error message said as much), whic
... See more
Hi all,

I purchased and downloaded Studio 2015 Freelance edition and launched it as a Trial version since my license did not appear in my account.

It now does but Studio won't take it, saying that I have no more licenses available. I should be able to use the software on 2 machines, plus I never successfully licensed even 1.

It looks as though Trados believes I have the (Trial) Professional edition (I tried a plug-in and an error message said as much), which would explain why I only have access to 1 license when I should have 2.

How can I license my software properly? I'm worried of what will happen once the Trial version expires and this is a very busy time of year.

Thank you all!
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
Trados Freelance 2015 - switching from Trial version to Licensed version Feb 5, 2016

Hi there,

Can you provide the 6 digit order number please so that I can check your account/license status.
I will then get back to you.

KR
SDL_Steve

Eunjung Choi
Eunjung Choi
United States
Local time: 00:29
English to Korean
+ ...
No license code found on my license page Mar 7, 2016

I just purchased upgrade from 2011 SDL Studio Freelance Plus to 2015 SDL Studio Freelance Plus.
I do not see the license code on my order page nor on my license page.
I read some other posts too regarding similar issues. One suggestion was to click on the Upgrade button on the right to process the upgrade, however I don't even see that button on the 'Available upgrades' either.
So please help me resolve the situation as I have a deadline to meet within 2 days.
Thank y
... See more
I just purchased upgrade from 2011 SDL Studio Freelance Plus to 2015 SDL Studio Freelance Plus.
I do not see the license code on my order page nor on my license page.
I read some other posts too regarding similar issues. One suggestion was to click on the Upgrade button on the right to process the upgrade, however I don't even see that button on the 'Available upgrades' either.
So please help me resolve the situation as I have a deadline to meet within 2 days.
Thank you. Eunjung Choi
Collapse

sdl_roman
sdl_roman
United Kingdom
To Process your Studio upgrade: Mar 7, 2016

Hi Eunjung,

Please follow the instructions below to process your Studio upgrade:

To process your upgrade- please log in to your SDL account - LICENSES

Once logged in and on the licenses section- you will see a gold coloured banner at the top of the page-

Simply click into this banner (upgrades available) to process the upgrade.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you wish to keep your previous 2011 FREELANCE license on the same m
... See more
Hi Eunjung,

Please follow the instructions below to process your Studio upgrade:

To process your upgrade- please log in to your SDL account - LICENSES

Once logged in and on the licenses section- you will see a gold coloured banner at the top of the page-

Simply click into this banner (upgrades available) to process the upgrade.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you wish to keep your previous 2011 FREELANCE license on the same machine as Studio 2015-

-simply process the upgrade via your SDL account- DO NOT deactivate the software!!!

Should you either deactivate (any legacy version) or attempt to install (legacy versions) on a different PC, you will no longer be able to use this version.

You may run the legacy versions on the same machine as Studio 2015 until you either deactivate this version or attempt to move to a different PC.

Hope it helps,

Kind Regards,

SDL_Roman
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »