Thread poster: Jacques DP
Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:01
English to French
Jun 30, 2015

Hello,

I've worked on a WorldServer-exported package, and when I want to create the return package, I am getting the error "Error occurred in file ISTR_Grid_eDM1.html_3992983.xlf :Root element is missing."

Any idea what this could come from? I have looked for this error message on the forum, and found a few occurrences but that didn't seem related to my issue.

I have Verified (Studio QA function) the offending file, but no error was shown.

Here
... See more
Hello,

I've worked on a WorldServer-exported package, and when I want to create the return package, I am getting the error "Error occurred in file ISTR_Grid_eDM1.html_3992983.xlf :Root element is missing."

Any idea what this could come from? I have looked for this error message on the forum, and found a few occurrences but that didn't seem related to my issue.

I have Verified (Studio QA function) the offending file, but no error was shown.

Here is the complete stacktrace from the SDLErrorDetails XML file. We see that error seems to happen in ConvertFilesToWsXliff.

at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Packaging.Convertors.WorldServer.WsPackageConvertor.CheckTaskFileResults(ITaskFile[] taskFiles)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Packaging.Convertors.WorldServer.Rivelin2WsConverter.ConvertFilesToWsXliff(IPackageProject fromPackage)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Packaging.Convertors.WorldServer.Rivelin2WsConverter.Convert()
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Packaging.Convertors.WorldServer.WsPackageConvertor.ConvertReturnPackage(String fromPackagePath, String toPackagePath)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Packaging.ReturnPackageCreation.CreateReturnPackageJobRequest.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job.b__3()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument
Collapse

PaluF (X)
PaluF (X)
Tonga
has there been a solution to this? Dec 27, 2015

I have a somewhat similar problem, when I try to export from WorldServer it says root element is missing. I have no idea what that is!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Root element is missing" in Studio 2014 when creating return package

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »