schmeichel38
schmeichel38  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 06:26
English to Thai
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
May 23, 2015

Now I'm interested in Microsoft Surface 3 (I will use it as second laptop) and wonder whether Studio 2014 (I have freelance+ license) can be installed and run on it?

Tech specs: Microsoft Surface 3

Storage/RAM: 64GB storage with 2GB RAM • 128GB storage with 4GB RAM
Processor: Quad-core Intel Atom x7-Z8700 processor (2MB Cache, 1.6GHz with Intel Burst technology up to 2.4GHz).
Software: Windows 8.1 (same as desktop Windows)

Please help advise.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:26
Finnish to French
Why not? May 24, 2015

Intel Atom processors are optimized for battery life rather than speed, so obviously this wouldn't be the fastest laptop you can get, but otherwise I don't see why Studio 2014 wouldn't be running on such a machine. The SSD would cause it to feel speedier than it is.

You would probably want to go for 128/4GB rather than 64/2GB, but even the latter should do. I've been running Studio in a 2010 MacBook Air with a total of 4GB, out of which 2GB were allocated to the Windows virtual mach
... See more
Intel Atom processors are optimized for battery life rather than speed, so obviously this wouldn't be the fastest laptop you can get, but otherwise I don't see why Studio 2014 wouldn't be running on such a machine. The SSD would cause it to feel speedier than it is.

You would probably want to go for 128/4GB rather than 64/2GB, but even the latter should do. I've been running Studio in a 2010 MacBook Air with a total of 4GB, out of which 2GB were allocated to the Windows virtual machine used for Studio (and other Windows apps).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 can install in Microsoft Surface 3

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »