Thread poster: Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:22
Member (2015)
German to English
May 22, 2015

When I start a new project I usually enter the relevant data such as a description of the project and the client for whom I am doing the translation but this never shows up in the Project view.

Is there a way to display this information?

At the moment it displays:
Name - Status - Date Due - Created At - Type Location - Server - Organization and the calendar.

I would ideally like to have:

Name - Description - Client - Date Due - Created
... See more
When I start a new project I usually enter the relevant data such as a description of the project and the client for whom I am doing the translation but this never shows up in the Project view.

Is there a way to display this information?

At the moment it displays:
Name - Status - Date Due - Created At - Type Location - Server - Organization and the calendar.

I would ideally like to have:

Name - Description - Client - Date Due - Created At - Location and the calendar.

There is no doubt a setting hidden away somewhere but I can't find it.
Collapse

Sian Cooper
Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Try View/Project Details? May 22, 2015

Hi M00nshine. What happens if you go to View and click Project Details?

I don't use those fields myself, but just from the Home tab, I clicked on a random project in Project View and those fields display, along with all the other description fields. I updated by project with a description and customer, and after refresh the contents display too. I can't offhand see any settings anywhere that would affect that.

Are you using Freelance, or a different product? I was just
... See more
Hi M00nshine. What happens if you go to View and click Project Details?

I don't use those fields myself, but just from the Home tab, I clicked on a random project in Project View and those fields display, along with all the other description fields. I updated by project with a description and customer, and after refresh the contents display too. I can't offhand see any settings anywhere that would affect that.

Are you using Freelance, or a different product? I was just wondering if there could be some in-house settings available in other versions that may limit what you are allowed to see.

To be specific, I can see Name, Description, Location, Customer, Status, Source Language, Target Language, Project Template, Reference Project, Files, Server, Organization and Public Status.
Collapse

Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sian but May 22, 2015

although I can then view all the project details it's not quite what I am looking for.

I would like to have more project details listed altogether rather than having to click on a specific project to view it.
Or at least select the ones to appear in the display.

When I have a number of projects to finish on the same day I find it hard to remember which project refers to which client as the calendar isn't really all that helpful for a specific day.

Or
... See more
although I can then view all the project details it's not quite what I am looking for.

I would like to have more project details listed altogether rather than having to click on a specific project to view it.
Or at least select the ones to appear in the display.

When I have a number of projects to finish on the same day I find it hard to remember which project refers to which client as the calendar isn't really all that helpful for a specific day.

Or maybe I am just using the calendar incorrectly. Is there a setting for more detail there?

I am using SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance.

Just to clarify things under the 'Name' heading I actually use a project number either assigned to me by a PM or one that I assign according to my accounting software.

So my display shows:

Name........Status...........Date Due.....................Created At...................Type.................Location
15-2999....In Progress....22.05.2015 14:00:00.....22.05.2015 10:40:33....Standard xxx....C:\Users\xxx

plus the Server and Organization tabs where nothing is entered and the calendar.

I don't need the Created At or Type tabs. I would like to have the Client and Description tabs instead.

[Edited at 2015-05-22 11:39 GMT]
Collapse

Sian Cooper
Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
OK understood - but those fields don't seem available for summary view May 22, 2015

Hi - OK, I get you, sorry I had not understood you meant the summary view headings.

So if you right click on the headings bar (e.g. on the Name, Status or whatever heading) it gives you your options, you can select and deselect fields to see - you can also select Customise, although that comes to the same thing - but sadly the description and client are not among the displayable fields offered!

So this is a very sensible sounding minor enhancement request I reckon - b
... See more
Hi - OK, I get you, sorry I had not understood you meant the summary view headings.

So if you right click on the headings bar (e.g. on the Name, Status or whatever heading) it gives you your options, you can select and deselect fields to see - you can also select Customise, although that comes to the same thing - but sadly the description and client are not among the displayable fields offered!

So this is a very sensible sounding minor enhancement request I reckon - but maybe it will be in the 2015 customisation changes - there is a webinar soon on that, you may want to attend it.

However - I have learnt something - I didn't even know the calendar was there (well, I don't really need it). My initial reaction is 'why don't you open so you're showing me today instead of last month!' BUT - it looks to me useful for a particular day, once I have navigated to show me today. For example, I have e.g. 2 projects, one of which has no due date, one does, in June. They both show a black bar as being 'in progress' for today, but also a blue bar to show the project duration. The one without a due date has a paler blue bar. The one with a due date has a darker blue bar, and a little black diamond on the due date. So I think on a daily basis, it should be clear what is due today (black diamond) and what is in progress but not yet due (black line for 'workable on today', blue bar for future time scale).

Does that make sense? Any help?
Collapse

Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Ahh, I see. May 22, 2015

Thanks again Sian,

right clicking on the headings bar would be what I was looking for. Sadly, you're right, what I wanted, ie. Description and Customer can't be added.

I was sent a link for a webinar on the new features in SDL 2015 but unfortunately we had a terrible thunderstorm here just before it started and water started pouring into the house from all directions, so I was a little preoccupied. Now, I can't find the link and have no idea what will be added to the 20
... See more
Thanks again Sian,

right clicking on the headings bar would be what I was looking for. Sadly, you're right, what I wanted, ie. Description and Customer can't be added.

I was sent a link for a webinar on the new features in SDL 2015 but unfortunately we had a terrible thunderstorm here just before it started and water started pouring into the house from all directions, so I was a little preoccupied. Now, I can't find the link and have no idea what will be added to the 2015 version. Will have to watch out for the upcoming webinar.

[Edited at 2015-05-22 14:14 GMT]
Collapse

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Webinar link May 22, 2015

Here is the webinar link, I hope you can open it: https://sdl.webex.com/sdl/lsr.php?RCID=6ff40a0db3c44a15854d574d9a700e28

Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Great May 22, 2015

Thank you very much for the link, that's great.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing display of project settings in home view

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »