Is something wrong with the update
Thread poster: Linda Larsson (X)
Linda Larsson (X)
Linda Larsson (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:59
Swedish to English
May 21, 2015

My studio keeps trying to update and it's not working and I can't get into my 2011. HELP please! I need to work...

Linda Larsson (X)
Sweden
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
IRRITATING! May 21, 2015

Does anyone know why the update won't connect?

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Disable the update temporarily May 21, 2015

I can't tell you why you can't connect to the update server, but this should not prevent you from working. Thew update function runs as a separate task in Window, so simply quit it by clicking on the x on the top right. The in your Studio go to "Tools - Options - Automatic Updates" and uncheck the box so that Studio does not try to update every time you launch it.

Walter

Linda Larsson (X)
Sweden
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Nope May 21, 2015

Thanks Walter, but that's not working. Even when I close the update, it's blank and won't start so I can't get to the tools! This is crazy.

Minh Nguyen
Minh Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 22:59
English to Vietnamese
Repairing May 22, 2015

Linda Lindstrom wrote:

Thanks Walter, but that's not working. Even when I close the update, it's blank and won't start so I can't get to the tools! This is crazy.

Did you try repairing trados studio 2011? Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, find SDL Trados Studio 2011, right click and choose Repair from the popup.

Linda Larsson (X)
Sweden
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
I'll try later! May 22, 2015

Thanks Linh! I'll try that when I get home!

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:59
English to Arabic
Studio update May 22, 2015

Hi Linda,

Could you let me know which Antivirus and OS you are using please.
Sometimes disabling the AV will enable the update.

If this does not work- please send me a scereen shot of any error messages and we cann look into this for you.

Kr

Steve
CxD

Linda Larsson (X)
Sweden
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Ok! May 22, 2015

Thanks Steve! I'll get back to you later when I'm home!

Linda Larsson (X)
Sweden
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Nothing works... May 23, 2015

Steve, how can I send you a screenshot?

My laptop works fine until I try to get into my 2011. Then my laptop is totally screwed up. I have tried all your tips. I can't work, I can hardly use my laptop without pushing the windows flag to go back and forth to get into anything.

I use Avast and I have windows 8.1 (with startisback). This only started yesterday when I tried to get into studio and it started to try to update.

I just lost a project because I ca
... See more
Steve, how can I send you a screenshot?

My laptop works fine until I try to get into my 2011. Then my laptop is totally screwed up. I have tried all your tips. I can't work, I can hardly use my laptop without pushing the windows flag to go back and forth to get into anything.

I use Avast and I have windows 8.1 (with startisback). This only started yesterday when I tried to get into studio and it started to try to update.

I just lost a project because I can't work.

Should I remove and re-download or something?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Collapse

Linda Larsson (X)
Sweden
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Startisback was the problem May 23, 2015

Seems the update and startisback aren't compatible. I removed that from my laptop and now trados seems to be working again!!!

That was a very strange experience....

Thanks for everyone's help (I may be back )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is something wrong with the update

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »