Anne-Elisabeth Schweitzer  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:57
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
May 20, 2015

Dear all

I have a hacked version of SDL trados 2014 installed on this laptop I was given. I bought the SDL trados 2014 but cannot activate it as I cannot deactivate previous hacked version, even when choosing online deactivation and inserting the initial activation code. A message saying "deactivation failed - Invalid digital signature - The licensing component could not be authentificated. POssible causes: the licensing component has been modified. The root certificate autho
... See more
Dear all

I have a hacked version of SDL trados 2014 installed on this laptop I was given. I bought the SDL trados 2014 but cannot activate it as I cannot deactivate previous hacked version, even when choosing online deactivation and inserting the initial activation code. A message saying "deactivation failed - Invalid digital signature - The licensing component could not be authentificated. POssible causes: the licensing component has been modified. The root certificate authorities store is out of date. This can be updated through Windows update".
What can be done to deactivate this version and install legal version?

Thank you very much

Anne
Collapse

Ümit Karahan
Ümit Karahan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
remove the hacked one from laptop May 20, 2015

Hi,

I think you should remove the hacked program from your laptop, and then install the legal copy from the download link you were given or the CD you have bought.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:57
English
Removing it won't help... May 20, 2015

... as the hacked version adds more than stuff a simple uninstall will remove.

The only solution is to contact the support team via the solution finder in the knowledgebase, http://kb.sdl.com , and log a support case. This KB article will explain more:
... See more
... as the hacked version adds more than stuff a simple uninstall will remove.

The only solution is to contact the support team via the solution finder in the knowledgebase, http://kb.sdl.com , and log a support case. This KB article will explain more:

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6123

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Gordana Sujdovic
Gordana Sujdovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
I had similar issue May 21, 2015

My programmer copied all the contents from laptop to external disk, and then reinstalled complete system and installed all programmes I work in, and activated Studio. It took him a day or so.

In the meantime, I worked on other comp. Only login data for different platforms and TAs were lost. It was annoying to find them and remember again.

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:57
English to Arabic
Deactivation problem May 21, 2015

Hi Anne,

If you could provide the 6 digit order number for the purchase I can track the account/license and ensure you receive support as soon as possible.
Our support team do need a valid account in order to be able to locate your contact details etc.

Kind regards

Steve

Anne-Elisabeth Schweitzer
Anne-Elisabeth Schweitzer  Identity Verified
Greece
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue fixed. May 21, 2015

Dear all

the issue was fixed within a few hours thanks to SDL support team after I submitted a log support at SDL.

THANK YOU SDL!

And thank you all for your advice and assistance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deactivation problem

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »