Sue Davis
Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:29
Member (2015)
French to English
Apr 17, 2015

Hi
This may be a very basic question. I have just started work for an agency that wants me to use Trados (which I haven't previously) and basically they expect me to use it immediately! I have successfully opened a file they have sent me (sdlxliff) in Trados but am getting the message that I can't save the translation as a target language file because of the file definition - XML-avec contenu-HTML. I would be most grateful for any help with this issue. I am also unclear how to locate the s
... See more
Hi
This may be a very basic question. I have just started work for an agency that wants me to use Trados (which I haven't previously) and basically they expect me to use it immediately! I have successfully opened a file they have sent me (sdlxliff) in Trados but am getting the message that I can't save the translation as a target language file because of the file definition - XML-avec contenu-HTML. I would be most grateful for any help with this issue. I am also unclear how to locate the saved bilingual file.

Most grateful for any help,
Sue
Collapse

Paulinho Fonseca
Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:29
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Type of file Apr 17, 2015

So you opened sdlxliff file and can't save it while working?

Sue Davis
France
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
yes Apr 18, 2015

yes i am getting a message that it can't be saved because of the file definition

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The message is because... Apr 18, 2015

... they created the SDLXLIFF based on a custom XML filetype. If you don't have this filetype on your system then you won't be able to save the target file. You can translate the file, you can save the SDLXLIFF, but you will not be able to recreate the target XML file.

It's not really a problem, just send them the SDLXLIFF back and they will be able to recreate the target.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Sue Davis
France
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Many Thanks Apr 21, 2015

Many thanks Paul, that's very helpful

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML-avec contenu HTML

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »