Thread poster: lilysea
lilysea
lilysea
China
Local time: 23:07
English to Chinese
Mar 29, 2015

Hi,

I've bought a studio 2014 freelancer license.

It displays as "available" in my SDL Account, but when I tried to activate it on my computer, an error message popped up: Cannot create license "LicenseNumberAlreadyUsed -23".

Then I tried to activate it offline, but only got another error message "There was a problem retrieving your activation certificate, please check your installation ID or contact support."

Please help me. what should I d
... See more
Hi,

It displays as "available" in my SDL Account, but when I tried to activate it on my computer, an error message popped up: Cannot create license "LicenseNumberAlreadyUsed -23".

Then I tried to activate it offline, but only got another error message "There was a problem retrieving your activation certificate, please check your installation ID or contact support."

Please help me. what should I do?
Collapse

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
Contact their Customer Service Mar 29, 2015

They are pretty efficient. That is all you need to do.

HTH
Giusi

lilysea wrote:

Hi,

lilysea
lilysea
China
Local time: 23:07
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Mar 30, 2015

Dear Guisi,

Thank you for the advise

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons) wrote:

They are pretty efficient. That is all you need to do.

HTH
Giusi

lilysea wrote:

Hi,

Christian Schneider
Christian Schneider  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:07
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Any Update on this problem? Jan 9, 2016

I am facing the same problem when installing Studio 2014 (single license) on a friend's laptop.
The license is marked as 'available' in her SDL account.

(We managed to sucessfully acivate the license on her other machine (the desktop computer) just for testing. Then we of course deactivated it again and it is again marked as 'available'). So the problem only affects the laptop.

Unfortunately the support guy from SDL wasn't much of a help. He didnt't put much effor
... See more
I am facing the same problem when installing Studio 2014 (single license) on a friend's laptop.
The license is marked as 'available' in her SDL account.

(We managed to sucessfully acivate the license on her other machine (the desktop computer) just for testing. Then we of course deactivated it again and it is again marked as 'available'). So the problem only affects the laptop.

Unfortunately the support guy from SDL wasn't much of a help. He didnt't put much effort in even trying to understand the problem ("All I can say is that your product can be installed on ONE machine only. If you want to install it on a second computer, you have to upgrade to Freelance plus"- He didnt't even realise the difference between 'installation' and 'activation').

I have a feeling that the problem might be due to remnants of a trial version that has once been istalled (and deinstalled) on that specific machine years ago.

Any ideas?
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:07
English to Arabic
Trados Studio 2014 SP2 License activation error -23 Jan 11, 2016

Hi Christian

Please accept my apologies.
Do you know who you spoke to in support by any chance?
Do you have the support ticket number and email still?

So that we can resolve this for you as quickly as possible-
please let me know the 6 digit order number of the license in question.

Its impossible to state simply here what the cause is from a generic error code.
Once I have the order details I can start digging in to this issue for y
... See more
Hi Christian

Please accept my apologies.
Do you know who you spoke to in support by any chance?
Do you have the support ticket number and email still?

So that we can resolve this for you as quickly as possible-
please let me know the 6 digit order number of the license in question.

Its impossible to state simply here what the cause is from a generic error code.
Once I have the order details I can start digging in to this issue for you.

Kr

SDL_Steve
Collapse

Irene Anton
Irene Anton  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:07
Spanish to German
+ ...
Activation finally successfull Jan 13, 2016

Thanks to the very patient and friendly SDL-supporters in Stuttgart, this problem with my Trados freelance 2014 is finally solved by just resetting my activation code. It's working now and I'm happy

[Bearbeitet am 2016-01-13 13:13 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2016-01-13 13:14 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 SP2 License activation error -23

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »