Adding tmx TM to Trados Studio
Thread poster: Nicola Jane
Nicola Jane
Nicola Jane
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:50
Dutch to English
Mar 6, 2015

I am new to Studio so please forgive me if this is a very basic question.

I am trying to add a tmx TM I have built up over the last seven years in Wordfast to Trados Studio 2014 (which I currently have as a free trial). When I try to add the TM (I have tried with several different TMs), Studio gives me the error message:

The translation memory ..... could not be loaded: Reference to undeclared entity 'AMP' at line xxx, position xxx.

Can someone tell me why
... See more
I am new to Studio so please forgive me if this is a very basic question.

I am trying to add a tmx TM I have built up over the last seven years in Wordfast to Trados Studio 2014 (which I currently have as a free trial). When I try to add the TM (I have tried with several different TMs), Studio gives me the error message:

The translation memory ..... could not be loaded: Reference to undeclared entity 'AMP' at line xxx, position xxx.

Can someone tell me why and how I get around it please.

Thanks, Nicky
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:50
English
Good question though... Mar 6, 2015

... and it came up a lot on the last few weeks. You can find an article here that might be useful:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2015/03/02/converting-wordfast-resources/

Regards

... See more
... and it came up a lot on the last few weeks. You can find an article here that might be useful:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2015/03/02/converting-wordfast-resources/

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Nicola Jane
Nicola Jane
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:50
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
...and if that doesn't help??? Mar 13, 2015

I have tried deleting the items the error message refers to in the TM but it comes up with a new item every time!!! This is a very basic requirement, it is the first thing I am trying to do in my sparkling new (expensive) version of Studio and, so far, it is failing me

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:50
English
Maybe try... Mar 13, 2015

... search replacing the illegal characters that are in your TMX? Then upgrade it.

So the error message seems to refer to an ampersand that is possibly written like this & or maybe with part of the correct entity missing... hard to tell without seeing your TMX. In XML this is termed an illegal character and it should be written as an entity like this &
... See more
... search replacing the illegal characters that are in your TMX? Then upgrade it.

So the error message seems to refer to an ampersand that is possibly written like this & or maybe with part of the correct entity missing... hard to tell without seeing your TMX. In XML this is termed an illegal character and it should be written as an entity like this &

So look for the ampersands ikn the TMX and make sure they are all written correctly. If this is the problem it's not a Studio problem but one of your TMX export.

You could also try converting the Wordfast TXT to a TMX in Olifant. Perhaps this would produce a valid file?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding tmx TM to Trados Studio

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »