SDL Studio 2014: "Search in Tags" in Editor View? / Filter segments containing tags?
Thread poster: Claudia Franco (X)
Claudia Franco (X)
Claudia Franco (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 09:10
English to Spanish
Mar 5, 2015

I'm aware that you can search in tags using the SDL Batch Find and Replace app. Yet does anyone know any way to do the same using the Find and Replace funcionality in the Editor View? In other words, I'd like to find segments containing certain specific tags inside the file I'm translating.

Also, does anyone know any way to filter segments in the Editor View, so that you can only see segments than contain tags? The Filter functionality allows you to see only segments that contain "c
... See more
I'm aware that you can search in tags using the SDL Batch Find and Replace app. Yet does anyone know any way to do the same using the Find and Replace funcionality in the Editor View? In other words, I'd like to find segments containing certain specific tags inside the file I'm translating.

Also, does anyone know any way to filter segments in the Editor View, so that you can only see segments than contain tags? The Filter functionality allows you to see only segments that contain "comments", "messages", "only numbers", etc., but I can't find any option that allows me to only see segments containing tags.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind Regards,

Claudia
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:10
French to German
+ ...
Studio does not (yet) have a tag search function Mar 6, 2015

Claudia

Studio does currently not support searching for tags. You'll find the explanation given by Paul Filkin from SDL here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/282775-search_and_replace_tags.html#2404456
... See more
Claudia

Studio does currently not support searching for tags. You'll find the explanation given by Paul Filkin from SDL here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/282775-search_and_replace_tags.html#2404456

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/246442-searching_tag_content_in_sdl_trados_studio_2011.html#2404459

And it is also true that the display filter does not have any option to filter by segments containing tags.

Can you tell us why you would need to do this?

Walter
Collapse

Claudia Franco (X)
Claudia Franco (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 09:10
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Reason why I'd like to filter by segments with tags Mar 7, 2015

Hi Walter,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

After finishing the translation of a very large website (tens of thousands of words), I've realised that I didn't handle the tags quite well. I worked using the "Partial Tag Text" view, and this prevented me from seeing exactly what each tag was meant for. So now I'd like to check all segments that contain tags, so that I can make sure they are right. Since the files contain so many other segments that don't contain tags, it woul
... See more
Hi Walter,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

After finishing the translation of a very large website (tens of thousands of words), I've realised that I didn't handle the tags quite well. I worked using the "Partial Tag Text" view, and this prevented me from seeing exactly what each tag was meant for. So now I'd like to check all segments that contain tags, so that I can make sure they are right. Since the files contain so many other segments that don't contain tags, it would make things much easier if I could see only the ones that do.

Again, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer!

Claudia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2014: "Search in Tags" in Editor View? / Filter segments containing tags?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »