emmanuelle groom
emmanuelle groom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:45
Member (2012)
English to French
Mar 3, 2015

Hello

I am having a nightmare saving a document in trados 2011.

The source document is a PDF but I opened it in Trados as a .docx document (a bilingual file).

I have completed the translation (100%) but when I do: save target as I get the message:
Failed to save the target content - placeholder was moved please run tag verification to see more details.

My questions are twofold:

1. I have checked the document thoroughly and th
... See more
Hello

I am having a nightmare saving a document in trados 2011.

The source document is a PDF but I opened it in Trados as a .docx document (a bilingual file).

I have completed the translation (100%) but when I do: save target as I get the message:
Failed to save the target content - placeholder was moved please run tag verification to see more details.

My questions are twofold:

1. I have checked the document thoroughly and there aren't any problems with tags - actually the only error messages I got were: target segment same as source segment (which can't be helped if it's figures from a table!)

2. How do I run a tag verification? I went to Verify but only get the same message (placeholder moved)

I'm at a total loss, thanks for any advise you may have!!

Emmanuelle

[Modifié le 2015-03-03 13:55 GMT]
Collapse

Jenny Nävås
Jenny Nävås
Sweden
Local time: 14:45
English to Swedish
+ ...
Comments Mar 3, 2015

Hi,

I had a similar problem with saving target in studio 2014. I got the advice to delete all of my own comments in the edit view before saving target. It worked.

I don't know if it's the same for 2011 but it's worth a try.

/Jenny

Eduardo Cano Rodríguez
Eduardo Cano Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:45
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
An old problem Mar 4, 2015

Hi Emmanuelle,

I have experienced this problem and there are two ways to solve this:

1.- Open again the file you want translated and use the TM you used to leverage all your translations and once you get at the end of the file click Save As without closing Studio. This might work.

2.- If the previous solution does not work, create a new project with the PDF file. Then, go to the project folder Studio created for your project in your Projects folder and look
... See more
Hi Emmanuelle,

I have experienced this problem and there are two ways to solve this:

1.- Open again the file you want translated and use the TM you used to leverage all your translations and once you get at the end of the file click Save As without closing Studio. This might work.

2.- If the previous solution does not work, create a new project with the PDF file. Then, go to the project folder Studio created for your project in your Projects folder and look in your source language folder. You will find a .docx Word document with exactly the same name as the PDF file. Add that document to your Studio project and then leverage the translations from your TM, you will be able to save as target without problems. There might be some differences in tags, but hopefully not too many.

From my experience, the procedure 2 is more time consuming when translating PDF files but it's definitely the safest way to process them in Studio.

Good luck!

Edu
Collapse

emmanuelle groom
emmanuelle groom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:45
Member (2012)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted! Mar 16, 2015

Thanks for your reply, sorry about not doing so earlier. All sorted now, very helpful!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't save target content

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »