Bodil Little
Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 06:41
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
Feb 28, 2015

I have been running Studio 2011 on my computer without problems for several years now. In this particular translation package I have received, the text is unclear and fuzzy. It is difficult to tell whether it is a "c" or an "e", etc.

My OS is Vista, and somebody said that this is very old and could be the problem. I am not sure, as I have never had this problem before. I have try to change the font, but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? (I cannot contact the client and ask questi
... See more
I have been running Studio 2011 on my computer without problems for several years now. In this particular translation package I have received, the text is unclear and fuzzy. It is difficult to tell whether it is a "c" or an "e", etc.

My OS is Vista, and somebody said that this is very old and could be the problem. I am not sure, as I have never had this problem before. I have try to change the font, but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? (I cannot contact the client and ask questions, since it is the weekend, and I have to deliver the job Monday morning).

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:41
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Text Feb 28, 2015

May be that all you have to do is to save the document as a plaine TXT formt.

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Perhaps it's a fuzzy match Feb 28, 2015

Sorry!

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Odd Feb 28, 2015

Bodil Little wrote:

My OS is Vista, and somebody said that this is very old and could be the problem. I am not sure, as I have never had this problem before. I have try to change the font, but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? (I cannot contact the client and ask questions, since it is the weekend, and I have to deliver the job Monday morning).

Thank you in advance.

That could be some wonky anti-aliasing setting. Open a couple of other applications to see if it only affects Studio or other programs as well. It's more likely that it's some display setting within Studio itself. Unfortunately I don't know anything about those. If it's critical and you can't finish the job otherwise, I would a) use another computer if possible, b) restore the computer to a restore point a few days ago or c) reinstall Studio. Try and google the issue and/or wait for responses here before you use any of the more drastic options... maybe a solution is out there.

Bodil Little
Denmark
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - but still no solution found Mar 1, 2015

Thanks, but I am still open to solutions.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Display options Mar 1, 2015

Go to Tools>Options>Editor and on the right-hand side, under "Formatting display style", select "show all tags and do not display formatting".

If that doesn't help, I'd go to Tools>Options>Editor>Font adaptation and try changing the font size, colour contrast and language font.

Not sure if either of these ideas will help, but they're worth a try.

Bodil Little
Denmark
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you - problem solved! :-) Mar 1, 2015

Dear Emma! You saved my day. Thank you so much. It worked!
Now my poor eyes can feel a little better.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - Fuzzy-looking font

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »