Victoria Frazier  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:59
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 26, 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I cannot find the option/command to delete comments in Studio 2014 nor instructions on the web.

I would greatly appreciate your help in this respect.

Thanks in advance,

Victoria Frazier

Andrey Korobeinikov
Andrey Korobeinikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:59
English to Russian
+ ...
Context Menu (Mouse right button) - Edit Comment Feb 27, 2015

Whenever you come across a comment in your document just right-click on it with your mouse and select Edit Comment and there will a Delete button.
There is an option for deleting all the comments. To do this you will need to click on the Comments bar under the TM results window which will open the Comments window where you can see all the comments in the document, go to the required comment and delete them as well (by right-clicking on a comment you wish to edit or delete).

I
... See more
Whenever you come across a comment in your document just right-click on it with your mouse and select Edit Comment and there will a Delete button.
There is an option for deleting all the comments. To do this you will need to click on the Comments bar under the TM results window which will open the Comments window where you can see all the comments in the document, go to the required comment and delete them as well (by right-clicking on a comment you wish to edit or delete).

If you need screenshots I can share.
Collapse

Victoria Frazier
Victoria Frazier  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:59
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Buttons/commands greyed out and Studio is not responding Feb 27, 2015

Thank you Andrey. The problem is that the Edit comment option is greyed out. I clicked the Comments window under the TM bar, not only it didn't open but it disappeared. Furthermore, Studio froze!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Victoria

Jelica Milutinović
Jelica Milutinović  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 01:59
English to Serbian
+ ...
Use the Next/Previous button to reach the comment - then you can edit/delete it Dec 19, 2015

In the toolbar, under the Review tab, in the Comments box click Next or Previous and navigate to the desired comment. When it is selected in the Editor, the Edit Comment button in the toolbar will become available. Then you'll know what to do
Hope this helps.

Jelica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting comments in Studio 2014

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »