Missing tag 'shaperef id="_2"/>' in segment..
Thread poster: Eddie Ginieniewicz
Eddie Ginieniewicz
Eddie Ginieniewicz  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:54
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 31, 2015

I work with SDL Trados Studio 2014 Pro.
Now that I´m finishing with my first translated file -from a .pdf to Word- and trying to get a preliminary
view and save target as Word I get this nasty error notice.

I would be grateful if you could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:54
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Have you checked the tags? Jan 31, 2015

If not, press F8 and provide corrections where necessary.

Eddie Ginieniewicz
Eddie Ginieniewicz  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:54
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Missing tag 'shaperef id="_2"/>' in segment.. Feb 1, 2015

Well, actually I tried to do so. The system gave me some info. about tags but not enough for me to solve it.
I finally did the following:

I realized that those two tags at the beginning and at the end of the document resulted from TWO PICTURES at the beginning and end of the original PDF SOURCE DOC.
I erased them from the converted source file and "the problem disappeared". I could save the word doc and THEN copy and paste the two pictures.

I found a w
... See more
Well, actually I tried to do so. The system gave me some info. about tags but not enough for me to solve it.
I finally did the following:

I realized that those two tags at the beginning and at the end of the document resulted from TWO PICTURES at the beginning and end of the original PDF SOURCE DOC.
I erased them from the converted source file and "the problem disappeared". I could save the word doc and THEN copy and paste the two pictures.

I found a way out, but not ideal !

Thanks anyway

Any further suggestions welcome.
Collapse

Christy Wyatt (X)
Christy Wyatt (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:54
French to English
I am having the same issue Oct 6, 2015

I am using SDL Trados 2015. Does anyone else know an easier way to fix this? Also I am new to Trados and using a free trial. I know the single document I am translating contains pictures so maybe this is the same problem. How would I even go abotu removing the pics form the source file inside Trados?

Jan Kruse
Jan Kruse  Identity Verified
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
Still having that issue Dec 10, 2015

Hi,

I also have this issue with an xliff file (Studio 2015/Word 2010), when saving the file target text. It occures with a former pdf file which has been convertet into a word file, as well

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Best regads,
Nick

Jan Kruse
Jan Kruse  Identity Verified
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
Solution found Dec 13, 2015

Jan Kruse wrote:

Hi,

I also have this issue ...

In my case, I found out (by accident) that the converted word-doc consisted out of two layers, an ordinary text layer, and above that a grafic layer of that text.

After deleting the grafic layer on each page, the text layer got visible. Since this layer was used for translation processing anyway, I got the fully translated document in SDL and I was able to create the target document.

Roberto Mercado
Roberto Mercado  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem, different question Feb 2, 2016

Hello.

Having the same problem as well as the terrible "hexadecimal" error, I want to see if someone here can remind me how to ignore errors and messages because I did it once some months ago and I forgot how to do so. It is not from the top messages window, it was from some window below.

Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing tag 'shaperef id="_2"/>' in segment..

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »