Christin Speck  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:16
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 31, 2015

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice from the experts here…I have downloaded a trial version of Studio 2014 a few days ago. It worked fine for 2 days, unit I restarted Windows (7), after that the program did not open, giving me the Error message: active license:SDL Studio 2014 Professional, the active license does not support this version of the program. And the the button to deactivate the program. Now I can't do that as I don't have an activation key in the first place (trial vers
... See more
Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice from the experts here…I have downloaded a trial version of Studio 2014 a few days ago. It worked fine for 2 days, unit I restarted Windows (7), after that the program did not open, giving me the Error message: active license:SDL Studio 2014 Professional, the active license does not support this version of the program. And the the button to deactivate the program. Now I can't do that as I don't have an activation key in the first place (trial version).
However, I went ahead and purchased the Studio2014 Starter Pack, installed the whole thing again, the system tells me that the set-up was successful, but the problem persists, I can't open Trados or activate my new license, as it asking me to deactivate the trial version first. Where can I get the deactivation code though?

I've searched the net and knowledge base but I don't find anything on that at all, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm running the program via VWWare on Mac if thats of interest at all.

Thanks
Christin
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Check on your page on the SDL web site Jan 31, 2015

Hi! I would log onto my page on the SDL web site and manage my lisences there. You may find that the trial version is listed there, and that you can deactivate the trial lisence.

The problem does sound suspiciously like you have got some problems on your machine though. Perhaps running a deep virus scan on startup of Windows? This could take some hours, though, so I would advice doing that during the night, when you don't use the PC anyway.

Christin Speck
Germany
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already checked my license page Jan 31, 2015

Thanks Roy. I've already checked my SDL page, the trial version does not show there. And a virus...I don't know. As I said, I'm using a virtual machine on Mac, just installed 1 week ago and nothing els but Windows 7 and SDL installed. I do everything else on the Mac side, is it likely to catch a virus this easy? I really don't have much idea about PC I'm afraid.
But will try the virus scan as you suggested, thanks.

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL Support Jan 31, 2015

No worries, you have an easy solution.
You're entitled to SDL support for installation problems.
Reach them on their site, there is a wizard that takes you to some fields to fill in so you are contacted by Support.
As I've read in other posts, you should best use Chrome to contact SDL for your problem, as the wizard runs properly on Chrome, although not in IE.
Good luck!

Christin Speck
Germany
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks done Jan 31, 2015

I've logged a quote with the support team, now wait and see what happens next...
Thanks for the advise

Christin Speck
Germany
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no support from SDL Jan 31, 2015

No, this wasn't it I'm afraid. I just noticed that I logged a quote with the sales team which is not what I intended. Whatever I do, as soon as I go to "Visit Licensing and Installation Help" I'm told that without the appropriate plan I'm not entitled to the assistance and get referred to the Solution Finder and Knowledge base only…and I've read through a lot there...
I have no idea how to actually get in touch with someone, is that really only possible if I buy extra support?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Use the solution finder Jan 31, 2015

Go to the Knowledgebase and if you really can't resolve your problem using the self service options follow this route.

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio / SDL
... See more
Go to the Knowledgebase and if you really can't resolve your problem using the self service options follow this route.

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio / SDL Passsolo - 2011 or 2014
-- I receive an error message when (de-)activating my software
--- I have a Single User License
---- None of the provided solutions worked, or are relevant for me (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Christin Speck
Germany
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jan 31, 2015

thanks for the detailed instructions on how to log a support case, all done now and waiting for news.

APlachky
APlachky
German to Spanish
+ ...
same problem Feb 23, 2015

I have EXACTLY the same problem on my mac (Vm Ware). Have you found a solution yet?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deactivating a trial version Studio 2014

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »