Upgrading from Studio 2009 to 2014
Thread poster: HealthcarePro
HealthcarePro
HealthcarePro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:15
English to German
Dec 19, 2014

I am considering buying a new laptop and would like in the process to upgrade my Office suite from MS Office 2007 to 2013 as well as Trados Studio from 2009 to 2014.

My question is, is it worth to upgrade to 2014, are there significant advantages? would Studio 2009 run under windows 8.1? Can I import my TMs, Termbases etc to 2014?

Thanks!

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 20:15
Upgrade from Studio 2009 Dec 19, 2014

Dear HealthcarePro,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

There are many advantages to upgrade from Studio 2009 to SDL Trados Studio 2014:

• You can use return directly a translation in the source format from Studio, without going through 2007 Suite
• You can accept the widest range of File Formats, such as PDF, InDesign and XML
• You will have a user friendly, intuitive, easy to use interface
... See more
Dear HealthcarePro,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

There are many advantages to upgrade from Studio 2009 to SDL Trados Studio 2014:

• You can use return directly a translation in the source format from Studio, without going through 2007 Suite
• You can accept the widest range of File Formats, such as PDF, InDesign and XML
• You will have a user friendly, intuitive, easy to use interface
• You will have access multiple automated translation
• You will be able to personalize your Studio 2014 with our many Apps available for free at SDL OpenExchange

Studio 2014 is fully compatible with legacy versions and you will be able to import your TMs, termbases, etc from your previous version to Studio 2014.

Studio 2009 supports Windows 8.1.

Please note that the upgrade from Studio 2009 will no longer be available from next year.

If you have more questions about the upgrade, please contact us directly on Live Chat (bit.ly/SDLChat) and we can assist you further.

Kind regards,

Guillaume
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading from Studio 2009 to 2014

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »