Thread poster: Christian G
Christian G
Christian G

Local time: 02:53
English to French
+ ...
Nov 26, 2014

Hi everydoby,

For some reason, the icon of my sdlxliff documents now have a "packlock", which wasn't the case before; someone knows why??

And for the first time since I use Trados 2014, the "Save Target as" did not work... Is it related to that?

Christian

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:53
English
Is the file still open... Nov 26, 2014

... in another application, or perhaps another instance of Studio? Do you have some backup software running that is working on these files as you work... or maybe got stuck at this file?

I would check the windows task manager and make sure anything that could be interacting with this file is closed. Then try again.

Regards

Paul

Christian G
Christian G

Local time: 02:53
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does not seem to be the problem Nov 26, 2014

Hi Paul,

The problem is that now every Project has this icon with a "padlock". I know how to fix it (I click on the document, then on Properties/Security; the Group or user names is now SYSTEM, instead of Authenticated Users (this is were the problem comes from)), but it is strange... and I just hope that I won't have anymore problems regarding the "Save Target As" button.

So my question could now be: why does Trados automatically choose SYSTEM instead of Authenticated
... See more
Hi Paul,

The problem is that now every Project has this icon with a "padlock". I know how to fix it (I click on the document, then on Properties/Security; the Group or user names is now SYSTEM, instead of Authenticated Users (this is were the problem comes from)), but it is strange... and I just hope that I won't have anymore problems regarding the "Save Target As" button.

So my question could now be: why does Trados automatically choose SYSTEM instead of Authenticated Users in the Security Tab?

Christian
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:53
English
Maybe permissions on your PC? Nov 26, 2014

Hi,

When you installed did you do it as admin? Perhaps you have some aggressive security software running that needs to be told Studio is an exception?

I don't really know the answer to this as it's not something I've seen before, but if you cannot resolve it I suggest you log a support case via the solution finder.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com
... See more
Hi,

When you installed did you do it as admin? Perhaps you have some aggressive security software running that needs to be told Studio is an exception?

I don't really know the answer to this as it's not something I've seen before, but if you cannot resolve it I suggest you log a support case via the solution finder.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: locked document

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »