Thread poster: Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:49
Member (2015)
German to English
Nov 24, 2014

I am now using the updated Trados Studio 2014 without Java and so far it's working beautifully.

However, how can I select which termbank to use when I add a new term. I am using three: one provided by the client, my own master termbank and a chemistry termbank. I want to add a term to my master termbank only but F2 only brings up the client's termbank and I don't want to add it to that.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Unedited since 2 days
Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Default termbase Nov 24, 2014

When you add terms the new quick way or the old classical way they're sent to your default termbase.

To make your master termbase the default one, go to "project termbase settings" and move your termbase up to the top of the list.

The quickest way to get to termbase settings is via the Term Recognition window. Click on the 2-blue-cylinder icon - it's the furthest to the right above the term results box.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Add term always adds to the default termbase Nov 24, 2014

Hi

Studio unfortunately does not provide a means to choose which termbase one wants to update.
Terms are always added to the "default" termbase.
If you want to add a term to one of the other termbases selected in your project, you need first to make this termbase the default one.

Walter

Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 24, 2014

Ah, I think in the past I've always put my master termbase as the default one and in this project, I hadn't. Thanks for that.

Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks also Nov 24, 2014

to the German poster as well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Selecting termbank for quick add

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »